Looking for Corona work? Jump on sites like oDesk NOW

Hi everyone, I know Corona is new, but the amount of developers is growing at a crazy pace... which means if you're looking to do for-contract work creating mobile apps using Corona, it's going to get pretty competitive out there.

Fortunately, since Corona is relatively new, there isn't a whole lot of competition out there if you're looking for work.

For those who don't know, there are sites such as oDesk.com where I actually typed 'corona sdk' into the search bar and actually see some job postings. Very few, but they were there nonetheless...

With the overwhelming amount of competition for 'software development' or even 'mobile development', if you don't have a lot of experience under your belt, even sites like that can be hard to find work at... HOWEVER, since Corona is so new compared to a lot of other SDK's, you might want to jump on the job postings that are specifically calling for Corona developers, so you can get that experience under your belt before that market gets saturated too.

For example, if you go to freelancer.com and search for 'mobile development' or 'iphone game' in the job listings, nearly every one of them will have several bids from *very* qualified individuals with a lot of experience.

If you're just starting out, the chances of you getting hired on one of those sites vs. those other more experienced developers is pretty much nil... but there doesn't seem to be a lot of competition whenever someone specifically asks for "Corona" developers, because lets face it, right now there's not that many Corona developers out there compared to Java, C++, Objective-C, etc. etc.

But there will be--eventually--so if you plan on making money on sites like that (or just want to start there to build your resume up before moving onto bigger clients), NOW is the time to start searching and building up your portfolios. Because the job-postings for Corona are very few, the workload might be small right now, but as the job postings calling for Corona developers begin to grow, you'll have a pretty good resume built up.

So if you don't have a lot of experience under your belt, places like that might be a great place to start. Just thought I'd throw that out there! Good luck...

Thanks for the link Jon.

Maybe some will get some benefits with oDesk.com. I've not had much experience with that particular site but have seen that with sites like these, some of the potential prospects will low ball the work.

The crowd sourcing market is a growing market and there are a few pearls in there if you can find them. Sometimes, there are imposters and the client quickly realizes that money is what you pay and value is what you get. The idea that the job goes to the lowest bidder will at times pervade some crowd sourcing sites.

I believe, one way to get hired for projects is to get out there and do something spectacular and amazing. Show the world you gotz skillzzz! Give back to the community and connect with people. Eventually people will most likely take notice and may want to hire you. People hire who they know and remember.

Either way, I'll check it out and thanks for post. It's exciting to see CoronaSDK growing at all levels.

views:1757 update:2011/9/20 17:36:54
corona forums © 2003-2011