Device authorization reset

Can I get my device authorizations reset? I seem to have lost one to the ether of reformatted harddrives and multiplatform development :)

Thank you!

Also it might be nice to have a reset all authorizations button on our anscamobile.com account so we don't have to bother the staff.

Hey TopherMade,

You need to use the support request form and someone will be able to help you out with that :)

You can see a link to the form just above where you'd type in a new post to the thread.

Peach :)

I'd be happy to but it seems it's hidden away well enough that I'm unable to find it.

I found it. It was not linked anywhere on the account pages for users - I ended up googling for it. Odd that it was so hard to find.

Really? You don't see below "Post a reply";

NOTE: This is a community support forum. You can ask questions here and the community will help and, often, the Ansca staff will try and help as much as possible.

If you're a Corona subscriber just use our
support request form. ?

Yes now that you've pointed it out, but seriously the only place to find a support request link is -after- you've already posted to the forum, returned, and replied?

Who has ever thought "I need to submit a support request, so I better go post that request to the forum, and then check the reply area for a link to where I really need to submit this." ?

Can you honestly say that having the only widely available link to support be visible -only- in the reply area of the forum is good UX/UI?

Seems odd is all.

yeah the support link needs to be more visible but to get to it click on about at bottom of most any page on this site and toward the bottom of that page is the support link

No, no, you misunderstand :)

It's not the only place to find a link to the support form.

It's visible on all open threads, all the time. You don't need to make a thread, wait for a reply, come back to post, etc. it is there the whole time, as it always has been :)

It could be more visible around the site but there are other links - we just have them on threads as well.

I said you should use the link on this page because it should have been quickest for you to get your deauthorization, as you wished :)

My point stands. Why on earth would anyone come to a forum thread or post to look for a link to support?

Support belongs in one's account. It's standard, it's convention, and it's stupid that the link to support is hidden away on forum posts.

Certainly, a link in one's account is a good idea and I'm happy to pass that suggestion on.

That said, you don't seem to understand the point of support links throughout the forum, so I'll try to clear that up for you - when you're using Corona and you have a big problem you can't solve, you, (you as in the standard user, not necessarily you personally,) will search the Corona forum.

Doing so you might find an answer, you might not - if you don't, rather than making a new thread, if your problem is urgent and requires the attention of staff, you will then see a link to contact support. In the case of an urgent issue this is the best course of action and as such it needs to be visible in the places those with issues are likely to head first. Like the forum.

And that makes perfect sense, but not in absence of a link in one's user account.

At best it's an anti pattern. At worst, it's knowingly not in the account area in order to reduce requests.

At any rate, thanks for the help :)

I'm back.

No response from support after 3 days.

Now what?

I'll ask someone to take a look at it for you.

Am I out of line to be upset that it's been seven days without a response from support? I certainly don't think so.

This is a product that requires device authentication, but support refuses to support that authentication.

I posted on the forum, I contacted support directly. What, exactly, is my recourse?

Being ignored is incredibly frustrating, and is the worst thing you can do to a customer.

this is why I said there should be a deauthorize all button either in the software or online on the user account page

Completely agree, most auth based software has a reset anymore (or at the very leats support that responds).

Corona is a great product, and I love it and appreciate all the hard work Ansca does on it, and you'll never see me using the support request page for code help, install assist, etc (I don't believe most requests are their responsibility). Authorization reset, on the other hand, is -completely- under their control.

After this experience I'm a little unnerved about that.

After reading through all of this, and then looking at other support sites - I can see the need for a support link under our account. I got a bit confused trying to follow along, seems like a lot of extra steps?

ng

I finally got a response from Ansca via Twitter asking for a ticket number from the support request.

As can be clearly seen in this screencast (the pause in the middle is from looking for build #) where I resubmit my support request, there is no such thing:
http://screencast.com/t/mQDC8fiFx

The Ansca tweet (http://screencast.com/t/AbTTLUliOCQC) suggests they have no record of my request, which seems unbelievable given that this thread has been going on for a week, I've submitted multiple support requests, two tweets, and peach has commented here more than once.

At this point I can't imagine I'll have anything else to add, so I'll finish with this.

I asked for support a week ago on the forums. I then submitted a support request. I sent twets. I spoke with an Ansca staff member here on the forums. That staff member suggested she'd help. Nothing has happened.

Topher

you had five machines. all of them have been de-authorized.

you will may need to re-install

c.

Thank you so much!

views:2209 update:2011/9/25 12:40:18
corona forums © 2003-2011