Corona Comics iPhone 4 display problems

Hi,
I have been working with Corona Comics to do test builds on both an iPad and iPhone. My comic shows up fine in the iPad simulator and on my testing iPad. It also shows up and works fine (swiping, coordinates, etc) when I do a build for "iPhone4" on the SIMULATOR. However, when I build it out to test it on an actual iPhone4, it doesn't display correctly (ie.. the panels don't zoom in where they are supposed to, coordinates don't work, screen goes black between swipes because page coordinates don't correspond to the iPhone4 screen.)

I don't understand how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Hi geemanmd,

Ansca provides the CoronaComics project as a starting point that you need to customize. It hasn't been updated terribly recently. You're running into the part where you have to do the customization.

You might consider looking into some of the other framework projects such as the Director class or CoronaUI in case they will do what you want more easily. Maybe others can post more specific recommendations?

If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, the iPhone4 retina display has a larger number of pixels than the iPad and iPhone. Corona will handle that automatically for you if you simply add to your project a file called config.lua that contains these lines:

application =
{
content =
{
width = 320,
height = 480,
scale = "letterbox"
},
}

This file and all its options are explained here in our documentation:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/configuring-projects

views:1575 update:2011/9/29 9:22:17