Multitouch development and keyboard

I'm finding the development process quite difficult when creating a multitouch game using the simulator.

Are there any plans in the future to add the ability to associate a key press on the keyboard to a touchevent in the simulator?

For example, if I create an image as a button in the game and don't need an X/Y but need to know it was touched, it would be nice to assign a key to that button for the simulator only.

Then I could user arrows for direction, and keys for, say, jump, shoot, or accelerate.

This should be in feature requests - are you a subscriber? :)

Priority upcoming features can be found on the roadmap.

Just build for Apples Xcode simulator as what has multitouch enabled.

Yes, I'm a paid subscriber.

How do I build for XCode Simulator? I have XCode installed but use Corona because I have zero experience with obj-c.

All you need to do is build for the device as you would when putting a test app on your phone, but instead when the dialog pops up, instead of building for device select Xcode simulator.

You never need to open Xcode or use objc.

But that still requires an online "build" correct? I have to wait for the server to build the app and send it back?

My purpose for using the simulator is purely speed, otherwise, I can do an online build and run on Android from my PC the same way you suggest using the XCode simulator to test multitouch.

The slow-down is waiting for the build unfortunately, which is why mapping some keys to touch areas would be awesome in the simulator for testing multitouch games.

Hey again,

As a subscriber you can post in feature requests, so that is my advice if you are requesting a feature.

Mathew's suggestion of building for Xcode DOES require an online build, yes - I know that can be irritating at times but it's sometimes necessary.

However that wont help with mapping keys, no.

Peach

views:1585 update:2011/10/4 17:12:07
corona forums © 2003-2011