App does not work at all on Samsung Galaxy Tablet

I've been testing my app on the iPad and it works fine there. Today I created an Android build and installed it on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet GT-P7510 running Android 3.1.

The app opens to the main menu, where I have 3 buttons. None of the buttons work, and the app crashes after a while.

This is not good. What is the status of Corona Android support? The main reason for choosing Corona is that it is supposed to be cross-platform. Anyone else having these issues?

similar issue. Mine works fine on all iOS, but crashes on anything 2.3 and higher. Works on 2.2. Don't know what's going on. Using the multiple different daily builds. Last was .585. Same issues. Anyone?

Could be related to that issue?

http://developer.anscamobile.com/release/2011/586

yes that was the issue and it has been fixed.

c.

That's great. Except there's no daily build available for .586 Guess I have to wait till Aug 2nd for the final release. Not a huge deal, just a bummer!

I did get it to build using .525 But since you guys already have if figured out, doesn't much matter now.

Oh Carlos, what did you say that *secret feature* was again?

And thanks for fixing the native back button on Android devices. I haven't done it yet, but i just found out that it was fixed. Thanks! You guys continue to rock this App Development world. Love it! THanks Corona team!

Hi,

I have the new Stable release installed, but i'm still having the same issue. When I build, it's still not working on the Galaxy Tab. But it will build in .525 build. Also not building on my NexusOne now.

The thing is that when I build with .591, when I install and accept permissions, it's asking me to accept the "Phone Calls, read phone state and identity". I'm assuming maybe that has to do with the multi tasking feature? Not sure, but either way, i can't get it to install on the Galaxy Tab. Just says "Application not installed" Any ideas what's going on? Do i need to submit a bug?

This is very weird. I'm just doing a small update to an app already on the Android market. Not much has changed code wise, so I don't think it's my code, especially since it works in .525.

Are you using Java JDK 7?

Nope. Not using Java JKD 7.

need more info...

ios/win?

.c

I'm using a mac. Using snow leopard. Xcode 3.2.5 The app itself installs fine on all iOS devices, but does not work if building for Android. Works fine using daily build .525 But building for Android using the .591 stable build, the app "Fails to install" on the Android devices.

I can send you my project if you want. Give me an email to send it to.

Thanks so much Carlos! I'm amazed at how involved you are in the forums.

Can any of these issues be reproduced with our existing sample code and build 591? We didn't find any issues when we did our final testing for the 591 release. There were crashing issues that was fixed in build 586 but haven't seen any Failure to Install problems.

If you have code that is failing, please send it in along with a bug report.

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks Tom.
Sorry, but it looks like the issue was with my Brand Spank'n new Galaxy tab. It has been freezing and acting stupid, i just chalked it up to it being Android.

I did a clean wipe of the Galaxy, and reinstalled the same apk file, and now it works. Go figure.

I did try to build a couple sample code files, everything looked fine.

Sorry for involving you guys. But thanks for being there for me! You guys rock.

views:1482 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011