Apple and Android development

I've been developing iOS apps for a while now, and recently I discovered Corona. I've successfully build iOS binaries using Corona, and today, I bought an Android tablet with a view of releasing the game on Android.

When I tried to build for Android, Corona came up with an error, something like all my assets(images and audio) have to be in the root file system with all my code. Is that correct?

Does that mean if I want to make an app Android compatible I have move all my assets, and re-engineer my code to remove the image and audit subdirectories?

Is there an easy way of doing this?

I really don't want all my source code being mixed up with my image and audio assets, its just messy!

Hi, hai :)

Indeed, they need to be in the root directory and you'll have to change a few little bits of your code when referencing objects, files, etc.

Sorry! (I like things neat, too ;))

When I build for Android it doesn't show me any error message and I have all my assets in folders. If I run my app in an Android device it works showing the images correctly.

What does it mean? Do we need to put all of them at the root directory or not? I'm a bit lost after reading that.

I don't build for Android (currently) myself, however yes, I believe that having them all in the one, main folder is the best practice.

The last release version of Corona was indeed much much more strict about asset file names and locations on Android. Since the latest daily builds for the past month (available to our subscribers), we've completely rearranged how files are stored on Android, which should allow files to be contained in sub-folders.

views:1448 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011