Android app build problem

I searched through the forum here and couldn't see anyone with this problem, so here goes ...

Been working in the trial version for a few days and periodically building my app and deploying it to my Android phone fine. Starting last night, the build still works fine and creates the APK file, but when I go to my phone, the older version (many iterations ago) is still there.

Almost like the build is taking files from memory or something. Still happening today and I have done complete shutdowns of my systems. I have changed the app name, package name, version number, etc.. and these are reflected on the device but still the running code is an old version.

Anyone seen this before??

So I found this post with a similar problem from months ago:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/05/08/build-server-keeps-giving-me-same-old-version

So maybe an intermittent known issue?

Also something else I noticed. Yesterday the Android builds were pretty fast (under a minute). Since this issue started happening they are taking about twice as long or more.

Something change on the Android build server?

Okay, despite the fact that it seems like I'm having a conversation with myself here ...

I still think there is some sort of caching issue on the build server and my app is stuck.

Here is what I tried:

I changed each piece of info in the build:
- application name
- version #
- package name
- even the folder save location

I tried every combination, from changing just one part to all parts and no luck. I know the app gets updated on my device as each time I change the name, the new app name appears on my screen. Then I start the app and it's 20 versions behind.

So I then completely uninstalled Corona and reinstalled. Opened my project fresh in the editor and the simulator, and did a rebuild. I still get my code version from Wednesday. What the ????!

I cannot see it being something here, that code is long gone. I do notice that when the build runs, the package seems to be located in ... /data/local/tmp/AAAAA.apk I cannot remember if this showed my build folder when the builds worked or not or if this is some sort of temp build location that always appears. I tried building sample apps and they also showed this location so I think this is fine.

Anyone, anywhere have this issue before?? Anyone at Corona out there?

views:1426 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011