Asset Directory Structure?

Are we able to organize our assets into directories for Android yet? If I'm correct, we still need to have any local assets (audio, image, etc) in the root project folder for Android builds.

As far as I know, this hasn't been fixed. Hopefully they'll respond to this thread when it is fixed to let us know. And hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

I ran into the problem with an app that has 500sh icons, but it turns out that it crashes even when i put them in the root folder, even though I'm only loading one image at startup.

But the inability to have assets in the subfolder means I have to have an Android-specific and iPhone-specific version when I was hoping to develop a cross platform version.

From a little iPhone dev work I know that an app has a namespace applicationDirectory & applicationStorageDirectory. I'm not sure Android inherently has the same setup, I think it's up to the app developer to create a directory on the SD Card using the File API & move assets there. But I don't know for certain.

views:1587 update:2011/10/9 9:57:41
corona forums © 2003-2011