Looking for Comic Book Artist

If you are a comic book artist, reach out to me at cicaza@anscamobile.com

if you have a comic book app with corona in the process of being developed or submitted, ping me.

If you know a comic book artist that would like some work, have them contact me.

We are trying to get our comic book code up to par and need to have some good comic to show case the functionality and if you have developed a comic book app, would like to get your feedback.

cicaza@anscamobile.com

Carlos
twitter.com/carlosicaza

As long as you guys are dinking with the comics code, how about adding double-tap to magnify a region instead of having to use the swipe? If I swipe it goes in order, but if I want to skip around on the page I should be able to tap-tap to magnify it, then tap-tap to send it back to normal size.

I think reading the comic would be easier that way. Might be something to try, anyway.

Jay

Hey Carlos,
I'm not making a comic, but I am doing something similar: creating a book that is composed of full page illustrations for iPad.
Right now I'm using the "SlideView" code from the Corona Sample files to make my app, but I was wondering if there is some better way to do this? Do you have a template set up just for books?
I emailed you some sample illustrations so you can see what i'm asking.
Thanks,
Bill

Hello,

Like willsingleton, I am working on a book with full illustrations. I saw the SlideView sample files, and I have looked and searched the site for documentation on the slideview, but I cannot find any. Are there options to leave off the top bar, etc? Where on the site can I find info like that?

Creating books/comics would be a great example app to put up so people can have a good starting point.

Thanks,

Darryl

Hi Everybody,

I'm working on something similar to Darryl and Bill. I'm making an app that will take photos with the camera, save them to files, and then later view them with the push of a button. I'm using the slideview sample app as a viewer, but I need to work in the ability to delete a photo while viewing it by pushing a button that's built into the slideview. I haven't been able to find any code that will accomplish this for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I just got SpriteDeck and tried the Comic Engine mode. For this book, I'm not doing anything fancy, just a basic page turn. I just selected all my images, drug them into the scenebuilder, exported it, then checked it out in Corona. Worked perfect on all platforms. Looks like a real time saver for me. Since I already had the images built in Photoshop, the entire operation to assemble the book and export it, literally took less than 10 minutes.

Hi, are you planning on submitting this to the app store soon? I would like to know the outcome because my ebook app was rejected by Apple recently for being an "ebook" type. They said to submit it through iBook since it has no other functionality other than turning pages. I have table of contents, credits page, and roughly 57 pages of information where the user can flip pages back and forth.

The funny part is that I had submitted the exact same thing about 3 months ago and it was accepted and even featured as New and Noteworthy. I took it down for awhile then decided to submit it again and got rejected. I even made an appeal for review and the outcome was the same. A lady from Apple called me and suggested that for an ebook, just submit it through ibook (you will an ISBN).

So I'm curious if any of you guys had submitted an "ebook" app recently and your outcome.

Thanks,
Sid

Hi Sid,
I still have a few more illustrations to do before the book is complete, but your experience with the app store is disturbing for me. Is your book all text? My book is solid illustration - no animation, but all illustration. I have several comic apps like Black Zero, Conan, and a few others, all of which I got at the App Store, and I have a Marvel Comics app also. I wonder if this has to do with Apples new subscription marketing strategy. Hmmm.... I guess I will find out.
I just read up on ePub. Looks like it is recommended for text centric books, and not recommended when specific page layout with precise illustration placement is needed. So Hopefully my book is ok. There is text, but it is totally integrated into the illustrations.

Hi, my book has both images and text but mainly text. It caught me by surprised because it was approved before. I think because my app looks too much like an ebook so the person reviewing it must have felt that it belongs to the iBook category, who knows. I think you should be ok with comics. I want to develop some children's book apps soon so I hope this is not some new rule. Please let me know once you submit and I hope everything goes ok.

Sid

views:1801 update:2011/9/19 13:40:57
corona forums © 2003-2011