[SOLVED] Cannot for the life of me get audio to play

Hi all,

So, I've been scouring the forums for some help with my current audio issues, but haven't found a problem quite the same as mine. The subject of this post really says it all: I can't get audio to play at all. Not in the simulator, not on the device, not for a split second, not at all.

I thought that perhaps there was some weirdness happening when trying to use sounds in my existing code, so I tried a totally fresh main.lua file with just the audio stuff, but to no avail. I get the problem with the stable build and with the latest daily build, and it happens with several different audio files (of varying formats), both with audio.loadStream and audio.loadSound.

What could I be doing to make audio simply refuse to play?

Thanks!

This sounds quite strange; would you be able to upload a sample somewhere and share a link to download it?

Peach :)

Well, now I just feel stupid. On a whim I decided to just restart my computer, and for some reason that totally solved the problem.

Weird.

Thanks!

Thanks for updating this - I'm glad to know it was solved by restarting that and will remember it if I see anyone with a similar problem in the future.

You shouldn't feel stupid; we all get odd problems sometimes. I once crashed an app over and over again until working out that I had commented out the wrong line. (Physics related.)

D'oh!

Peach :)

I should also add that aside from restarting, I did also install the iOS 4.3 SDK. I only had the 5.0 SDK installed before that.

(I only mentioned the restart as well because even after installing the 4.3 SDK, the problem persisted until a reboot. So I guess it could have been a combination of the two.)

Anyway, thanks again!
Logan

views:1278 update:2011/11/14 9:16:56
corona forums © 2003-2011