URGENT: Device Builds Server Down? Nov 13 (Saturday)

The device builds server seems to be down, and has been that way for a significant amount of time now (at least to me, since this is my time to put towards development today).

This is the error I get in the console:

2010-11-13 10:17:45.055 Corona Simulator[14645:903] Connection error: (corona.get) ({
    "/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = <CFHTTPMessage 0x1791c3c0>{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 200 OK};
})

Seems to be working now, thanks for the fast recovery! (on a Saturday too!)

It's 16:37 PST right now, happening again (same error).

My project requires I test for device because it uses the accelerometer, which is why I've been reporting this error every time I need to pause significantly to wait for the build server to come back up.

In fact, is there an email address that's monitored 7 days a week that's best for reporting these types of things? (rather than starting a new thread each time, because I'm not even sure if anyone is getting these reports here, or if they are even seen before things are fixed).

01:38 central doing it again
01:40 central working again

11/15 9:09pm - happening again (same error); is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately? This is the absolute ONLY reason why offline builds would be something I'm interested in.

I understand it's something that's not likely to happen, but when I've got a specific block of time set up for development and I HAVE to build for device to continue, it really affects my productivity to have to wait for the build server to come back up (sometimes it's down for over 30 minutes at a time).

Either that, or maybe something like this:

My apartment complex has a 24 hour maintenance number. When the A/C goes out in the middle of the night, I can call it and a maintenance person will come and fix it right away.

Maybe there can be some kind of email address specifically for things like the build server, that we can email so we at least have some kind of piece of mind when things like this happens. Right now, I have no idea when it's going to be back online.

I don't know if I'm done developing for the night, or if I just have to wait a few minutes for it to come back up -- either way I don't want to waste my time clicking 'Build' every few minutes if it's going to take anywhere from 30-minutes to an hour.

Here's the error again:

2010-11-15 21:15:14.715 Corona Simulator[480:903] Connection error: (corona.get) ({
    "/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = <CFHTTPMessage 0x1847ad80>{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 200 OK};
})

It's been over 20 minutes now. I was on a roll with my project tonight, and really don't want to quit for the night.

Please get it back online! It's giving me a different error sometimes, and sometimes even prompts me for my developer password!

Here's the other error it shows sometimes:

2010-11-15 21:26:41.157 Corona Simulator[480:903] Connection error: (system.connect) fault(/CFStreamFault)
2010-11-15 21:26:41.157 Corona Simulator[480:903] Connection error: (system.connect) ({
    "/FaultCode" = -65794;
    "/FaultExtra" =     {
        domain = -1;
        error = -65795;
        msg = "No valid XML data in response";
    };
    "/FaultString" = "/CFStreamFault";
    "/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = <CFHTTPMessage 0x182c9db0>{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error};
    "/kWSResultIsFault" = 1;
})

It's been over 20 minutes now. I was on a roll with my project tonight, and really don't want to quit for the night.

Please get it back online! It's giving me a different error sometimes, and sometimes even prompts me for my developer password!

Here's the other error it shows sometimes:

2010-11-15 21:26:41.157 Corona Simulator[480:903] Connection error: (system.connect) fault(/CFStreamFault)
2010-11-15 21:26:41.157 Corona Simulator[480:903] Connection error: (system.connect) ({
    "/FaultCode" = -65794;
    "/FaultExtra" =     {
        domain = -1;
        error = -65795;
        msg = "No valid XML data in response";
    };
    "/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = <CFHTTPMessage 0x182c9db0>{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error};
    "/kWSResultIsFault" = 1;
})

9:51pm (PST) - Back online. I've been clicking build probably every minute of that... it was rough. Thanks to whoever is responsible for fixing the problem!

That's weird. I was building stuff last night too, but never encountered a problem. In fact I've never had a problem with the build server (the site and the forums are another story). Are you sure it's not something on your end? I'll keep a look out on this thread and will try to build the next time you have a problem, so we can determine if it's the Ansca servers or a problem on your end.

I spoke with some folks at ansca and confirmed there were problems happening. They are working to reduce them though, so that's great news.

I had this happen a couple days ago it lasted for about 10 min I thinkBut since you having to build to test every time you would notice more often during the time I had the problem I was having to test on device also but was at the end of the development stage

All, thanks for your patience. We're looking into this situation. I'll update when we have more info. If you can give us precise times for when this occurred, it will help us check with the logs so we can isolate the issue.

thanks,
walter

Hi,occurred now.

Bye
Marco

2010-11-16 23:44:30.051 Corona Simulator[3983:903] Connection error: (corona.build.2) fault(/CFStreamFault)
2010-11-16 23:44:30.051 Corona Simulator[3983:903] Connection error: (corona.build.2) ({
"/FaultCode" = -65794;
"/FaultExtra" = {
domain = 4;
error = -4;
msg = "Stream Error";
};
"/kWSResultIsFault" = 1;
})

Everyone !

We are aware of the intermittent server problem and we are looking into it in all fronts.

First, seems like we are getting a DOS attack and also, looks like someone pointed or is pointing to a folder is at the root of their hard drive causing all sorts of files to be uploaded and is hugging performance due to some files being zero size.

As much as we like to think it is the overwhelming demand from our increase in traffic, , the above two hold true. DOS attack and lots of thrashing on the server due to zero file sizes being uploaded.

Please bear with us as we are aware, and are fixing it and looking into other 'backup' solutions as well.

Our servers fire off a threshold warning, Walter (co-founder), Sean, Rick ( our two IT heads ) and I, get notified immediately when this happens and we are fixing it.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, or amplifications, please send me direct email "cicaza @ anscamobile.com" and just let me know that you are experiencing server errors or sending us good vibes karma !

Thanks and again, thanks for your patience.

Carlos

This is happening again right now... can't do an Android build at the moment.

It works fine for me, though I'm doing iphone builds. Been testing all afternoon with no problems, except that once it told me my subscription had expired (I was ready to murder someone!), but it fixed itself right away.

iPhone builds are working for me but Android builds are not.

I just tried building for Android using Corona Game Edition 2010.109 and it worked.

I saw something on the server that may explain your issue. Can you try again?

It has been working later this evening. Thank you for checking. (FYI, using build 240)

Hello everybody,

Since yesterday I can't compile my Android application due to a server error:

2010-12-17 01:33:56.100 Corona Simulator[13548:903] Connection error: (corona.get) ({
    "/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = <CFHTTPMessage 0x5e4f90>{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 200 OK};
})

our it guys are gathering the logs to see if it is isolated item. but you may want to check to see if you have duplicate file names --- android is nasty about that

c.

Hi Carlos,

I reviewed my files and found some file names duplication:
- PlanetsA.lua
- PlanetsA.png

I renamed it to:
- Planets_A.lua
- PlanetsA.png

I'm still getting the same error. If I'm not wrong, only .lua files are sent to the server for compilation and then the .apk is packed locally with the resource files. If so, duplicate file names should not be a server compilation problem.

Kind regards,

Christophe

After some trial and error I found what was causing my compilation error. Apparently my file named 'catch.mp3' was the origin of all my problems, I renamed to 'catch2.mp3' and everything worked fine.

Now the funny stuff. :-)

It seems that if you include a file named 'catch.mp3' in your project this error will always occur, I tried to create an empty file in the sample projects and if I compile them for Android I get the same error.

What might be the origin of this?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Bump!

I had this same issue; it seems to have been caused by using a file called "break.ogg", or "break.mp3" - tried both. Renaming it to "break1.mp3" did the trick.

Thought I'd post in case that helped anyone, as cristophe's post helped me :)

And then there was silence...
Did the problems with the servers get fixed, what was the cause of these problems?
I´m experiencing the same thing, only it happens 10 out of 10 times with me, I´ve had Corona for a little week now and haven´t been able to build a single test app due to server errors. Tried posting about it, little help in that, tried e-mailing about it, little help in that.

Do you have any files that are named things that could possibly be contributing, like "break"?

It seems when this happens once or twice it can be that the server really is busy or the like, however when it happened to me consistently it was due to a badly named audio file.

so far, I've only tried building any of the examples that came with the Corona install. This was on the mac. To test if the problems could somehow be related to my connection, I just downloaded Corona for Win, but this one wouldn't even let me run the simulator, as it had to connect to their server first to deauthorize, couldn't be done. I went online and quickly found others with the same problem so it's not just me.

I know it's not just you, I'm just wondering why it isn't everyone - when I previously had the issue it was down to my file name.

I've built 6 or so times in the past 3 days with no issues, so while it might not just be you I don't how widespread it is.

Good luck with it - Ansca is good with helping their users so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it's resolved for you :)

I know this is an old thread but just wanna post that i am hung up on the server currently now. Been building it for the 8th time for the IOS and still not working. It just hangs on connecting to server. Hope it isn't just only me and was wondering if the server is down at the moment. Really need to build the game to test In-App purchases so will the Ansca staff please look into it?

I've just tested and it's connecting fine here....

Steven, any luck?

How are you connecting to the internet?

Hi sorry for the late reply. I tried testing it recently and it's still the same. There was a sound that was made when i start to build it for IOS. The sound is similar to the vibrate sound that the simulator makes to simulate iphone vibration. Not sure this is useful info.

I use Wifi to connect to the internet. I was previously offline due to some problems with the Wifi. When i got it to turn back on, that was when my problem came about. It just seems to connect to the server for a long time. I build a lot so it seems like the connection just hung there.

Actually this had happened to me before about once every month. It sometimes just can't connect to the server. I will try it again tomorrow. Hopefully it works.

views:1755 update:2011/11/17 9:28:17
corona forums © 2003-2011