Oh what to do....... Oh what to do.......

I've built (am building) a Thanksgiving themed app. I sent it off to Apple this morning, a day later than I had hoped, in hopes its approved by Wednesday before the holiday. I know I'm gambling, but it's been four days recently and the game is fairly simple.

Here's my delima. I shipped it without all the art I was expecting from my artist. So some of the art isn't quite where I need it to be. I have gotten the art today and I've added it, which improved some animations. I also made some game play changes too which balances play better.

So my delima. Reject the binary, putting myself another 12 hours behind where I need to be or wait and have the changes in 1.1 which I will release immediately upon approval?

I of course want the best looking/playable game out right away, but there is benefit to releasing an update pretty quickly too.

FWIW, I started the game on Nov 2. Complete to role out in 15 days working on it part time! Corona SDK rocks!

So what would you do? Reject and pray I make it in time or wait and do an immediate update?

If any one wants a sneak peek, you can join my "TestFlightApp" team at:
http://tflig.ht/flDwjC

I ended up rejecting the binary and I'm sending a new version. I found the credits screen for iPhone 3's was using some place holder art and I found a couple of crash bugs while clicking back and forth between help/menu and credits menu, so I felt it was worth sending a less buggy app, even though it makes release by Thanksgiving much more difficult now.

Now to put energy into my Christmas themed game and try to get a bigger head start on it, so I can get it out before Christmas!

You made the right call.
Even if it means being a little late, it's always better to be 100% satisfied with what you put out there. After all, it's your reputation on the line.

I believe you can still write to Apple to request an expedited review; whether or not they do it is up to them but might be worth considering in this situation?

Best of luck with the app!

Peach :)

Heh, app submitted to AppStore on Nov 13 and still "Waiting For Review" :)

Hi Rob,
have you read http://howto.oz-apps.com/2011/11/share-my-app-with-developers.html

you can try to avoid using up a UDID and still share your ß apps with other developers.

@gtatarkin Sunday doesn't count, I don't think, so today would be 5 days. Hopefully you will go into review today!

Cool idea! @JayantV

views:1730 update:2011/11/19 17:31:56
corona forums © 2003-2011