Director ERROR: Failed to execute new( params ) function on 'page_6'.

eBook App for Android and iPad.

iPad - No problems; Currently on App Store
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 - No problems
Corona SDK Simulator (any device) - No problems

HTC Thunderbolt & other Android Phones:
Director Class - ERROR
Director ERROR: Failed to execute new( params ) function on 'page_6'.

Response from Amazon App Store:
Bug Description: The application consistently freezes after starting the story. The error occurred in either mode, READ TO ME, or attempting to scroll manually through the story. The application freeze disabled the user from performing any function on the device and the user had to wait for the device to sleep to regain control. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Launch the application 2. Select either READ TO ME or the GREEN ARROW to start the story 3. Note that the device freezes on the first or second page OS/Device(s)/Form Factor: Motorola Xoom A 3.1

So why would the app work fine on an iPad, Galaxy Tab 7 and a simulator, but not a Motorola Xoom? I assumed it didn't work on a phone because the animated sprites are pretty large so a phone wouldn't have the resources to handle it. As a test, I removed the large sprite on page_6 and it runs on my phone now. But I'm not sure why a dual-core Xoom can't run an app a Tab can.

Is there a better way or freeing up memory? On the bottom of each page I have code like this:

disposeTweens = function (event) 
      carSheet:remove();
      cancelAllTweens(); 
      cancelAllTimers(); 
      cancelAllTransitions(); 
   end 
views:1448 update:2011/11/19 17:31:56
corona forums © 2003-2011