inMobi trouble!

Hey! So I was trying to put inMobi ads in my app, with the following code. Testing on device, though, nothing appears, as no code had been inserted. I have Test Mode set to true.

Ok:
here's my main:

_H = display.contentHeight
 _W = display.contentWidth

local adNetwork = "inmobi"
local appID = "4028cba633a085920133d2aaa11c04e0"
ads = require "ads"
ads.init( adNetwork, appID )

local director = require("director");

local mainGroup = display.newGroup();

local function main ()

mainGroup:insert(director.directorView);

director:changeScene("scan");

return true;
end

main();

I've been looking at your code and its an identical match to the code I used in Turkeys Revenge and it is generating and showing ads.

Can you plug you device in and use XCode's organizer to look for the log files generated on the iPhone/iPad and see if you're getting any errors.

It could just be they are not providing test ads. I had to play almost 3 levels of my game to get a live ad. But I thought they were doing a better job providing fake ads in test mode.

haha that sucks!!!
I'll try that..thanks for your help rob!

dont forget to contact inmobi as well via a direct email

ansca@inmobi.com

c.

gustavoschv: Did you get anywhere with this?

I am currently trying to use the "banner320x48" ad size but nothing is showing. The "banner300x250" size works fine. They were both working a week or so ago.

The only difference is in the debug output: the InMobi ad request post body has "mk-ad-slot" set to 9 for 320x48, and 10 for 300x250

I didn't get anywhere yet. No banners show up whatsoever.

inMobi told me this: The site ID you're using below is in the "Incomplete" state in your InMobi account since you've not provided the App Store URL.
While in the incomplete state, you will only receive test ads from our Sandbox server. Please turn on the test mode to enable testing with our Sandbox.

Should I add anything to my code to reach this sandbox?

In theory:

ads.show( "banner320x48", { x=adX, y=0, interval=15, testMode=true } )

should be the only thing you need to do to play in the sandbox instead of getting live ads.

FWIW, my fill rate was like 13% today, so if they are not always trafficing ads in the sandbox, you're may not get them very often.

There is a "test" appId that can also be used. I thought I posted it above. Use it in place of your appID. Guess it was in another thread somewhere.

4028cb962895efc50128fc99d4b7025b

Try that appId and see if it helps get you test ads. You would then switch to your live appId before you send the app off to Apple.

views:1703 update:2011/12/1 20:56:45
corona forums © 2003-2011