Experienced Programmer (Corona SDK and more) Available on Contract Basis

Available Now: More than two decades of experience as a developer with everything from assembly language to C to Javascript - but right now all I'm interested in is Corona SDK. :)

I have up to 20 hours per week available (possibly more, depending on the project) for game/app development.

Not Looking For..

- Share in the profits or other free gigs. "I have a great idea! You code it and we'll split the profits!" I have one or more of those going on and am not looking for another at this point.

- Projects without a real spec. I know specs can (and will) change, but an idea written on a napkin isn't what I'm looking for right now. I'd like a project that's been thought out from beginning to end. (Note: I can work with a 'vague' spec (I don't need hand-holding), I just want to know gameplay won't significantly change in the middle of things.)

What I Am Looking For...

- A project that will be interesting and fun for me. I have enough projects that I "have to do" so I don't want another one of those. Which means I might take on Project B even if it pays less than Project A as long as it's a more interesting project.

- Game or app for iOS with Android either not in the picture or "coming later." I don't have any interest in working on an Android first (or only) project. I find Android, like Windows, clunky and in the "not fun" category. :)

I've worked with teams before and also as a solo developer, so whether I'm the lone coder or part of a group, that's fine.

Send an email to j [@] jawhye.com with info and we'll see what happens.

Jay

PS - I know this post might sound "arrogant" in places but that's not my intent -- I'm just at the point where I can be choosy about what I work on. :)

PPS - I'm also not looking for a full-time gig -- but if the *right* one came alone I'd certainly consider moving from self-employed to employee.

views:1453 update:2011/12/2 15:07:10
corona forums © 2003-2011