Dungeon Tap - Waiting For Review - Screenshots & Info

We finally finished our third game made with Corona. This time, Corona was used from the very beginning (not prototyped in GS or anything else).

It's waiting for review, but in the meantime I'll share some screenshots and info about the game. I'll be giving out promo codes once it's released.

SCREENSHOTS

Dungeon Tap v1.0

Dungeon Tap v1.0

Dungeon Tap v1.0

Dungeon Tap v1.0

Dungeon Tap v1.0

APP STORE DESCRIPTION

Dungeon Tap puts you in the position of "Stitches", a living plush doll who is trapped in a deep, dark, magical dungeon. He remembers nothing, but knows one thing: anything and everything in the dungeon wants to stop him from escaping!

See how far you can take Stitches in this vertical-scrolling, jump-action game of survival that's easy for anyone to pick-up-and-play, but *very* hard to put down.

----------

DUNGEON TAP FEATURES

* Easy-to-learn, ADDICTIVE casual gameplay that'll keep you on the edge of your seat!

* Compare your high scores with friends and with the WORLD on OpenFeint!

* Post your scores to your Facebook wall directly from the game.

* Hand-drawn character graphics and beautiful-yet-creepy environments to play through.

* More level environments coming in future updates!

----------

HOW TO PLAY

* Tilt to walk or run left or right

* Tap anywhere on the game screen to jump.

-------

On a side note, I can't wait for the next version of GE to be released! If it comes out before the game is approved, I'll reject the binary and re-send it in... otherwise, I expect it should be released within 7-9 days (average time waiting for approval for all our other apps).

I'll make a post in the other board once it has been approved, where I'll post some promo codes to anyone who wants to submit a rating/review.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...

I don't think the screenshots do the game much justice, so I recorded a video. I know, it's dark and pretty low quality, but if you take a look at the screenshots and then watch the video, you get a pretty good idea of how the game is played.

One of these days I'll find a way to record directly from the device, so the video quality will be 1000x better.

In the meantime, here's the first gameplay footage of Dungeon Tap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HnBZn9ftks

We can't wait to see it on the store !

Thanks for sharing

Carlos

Thanks carlos!

UPDATE: a reviewer from AppTapper.org contacted me expressing interest in doing a preview/review of Dungeon Tap. I sent them an Ad Hoc build to test it out and they said the preview should be up either tonight or tomorrow, but most-likely tonight :-)

Usually it's the developers emailing tons of review sites in hopes of pulling one, it's nice to have one finally come to me!

Woot

Let me know when the review is up

C

Will do :) Thanks carlos

Apparently the reviewer stopped reviewing for AppTapper while in the process of doing the Dungeon Tap preview, so instead they posted it to their own website.

It's very short, but here it is nonetheless:

--> http://www.blog.hackmyif0ne.com/2010/10/dungeon-tap.html

Hopefully DT will be approved soon!

Isn't this delay a bizarre one? It has been two weeks now and no approval yet!
I am checking every day in itunes for Dungeon Tap, as I am really anxious about it's performance on iPhone 3G.

Jonbeebe, I think you are currently the official stress-tester of Corona :)

I actually rejected the binary a few times, and then again recently to upgrade all the graphics for 'retina display' (I purchased an iTouch 4, so I'm excited about the new display).

Unfortunately, that means it'll probably be another couple of weeks. I'll definitely post it in the appropriate forum board when that time comes though (with promo codes!).

I'll also post some updated screenshots too (showing off the new retina-optimized graphics). Thanks for your comments and your interest in our games!

I see. Maybe it's better for the game that way. You know, there are always some minor peculiarities that if not attracted enough attention the whole game experience goes away. In Doodle Dash, what bothered me was a) the drop in fps when collided with an object and b) the max volume bug of Corona when turning off the music (it is still there!). Besides these, it could have done much better in appstore i think. The gameplay was excellent!

I haven't played Dungeon Tap, but from the screenshots I suspect you have again something good in your hands. Maybe it's time to target higher, with an optimized first release. We need a Corona game in "top100 paid" for psychological reasons :)

PS: I very much like the casual-goth style...

Dungeon Tap, now optimized for the retina display. Here are the new screenshots (the old screenshots still pertain to the way it will look on anything besides iPhone4/iTouch4):

Click to enlarge the screenshot (will open in a new window/tab).

Dungeon Tap 1.0

The screenshot in the middle shows the Facebook Friends Leaderboard working in action (I posted a tutorial about it the other day on CoronaSDK.com).

We can't wait for this one to be "ready for sale"!

EDIT: And on another positive note, I should have a high quality gameplay video up hopefully by early next week.

wow, you guys just keep pushing your games out. Maybe it is good to have the graphic designer living with you :-)

@magenda,

What is the "max volume" bug? I don't see any record in our of the database of the problem. Can you provide more details/sample code in the bugs section of the forum?

Thanks,
-Tom

Tom, I was talking about this issue
It is not DoodleDash-specific. You can also see it in RoboCup, for example...

@magenda, I responded to the issue over in the bug tracker.

Thanks,
-Tom

Dungeon Tap went 'In Review' at 7:52 this morning!

With our previous games, it was 1-2 days MAX until going 'Ready for Sale' once hitting 'In Review' status so hopefully it'll be approved today or tomorrow :-)

Promo codes are coming...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

carlos

Dungeon Tap is now Ready for Sale!

More info and promo codes in this post.

hello john,

how to create the player jump the platform without hit the platform, but can stand in the platform?
1 side collision, like in Deungeon Tap. i try using preCollision but always fail.

can you show me example, so i can try in my sandbox.

Thank you

Hello,

I am the owner or apptapperorg, and the reviewer who contacted you is actually an advocate of iOS piracy. He was also using the AppTapper Reviewer name inorder to get free ad-hoc builds for games. Thus ruining the name I worked hard to establish. He is no longer a review with us and we apologize for any problems that may have occured. He also refused to let me know when he recieved a build or promo codes for games, so i was unable to check with the developer to make sure everything was ok to go.

dont mean to thread hijack but what does optimized for retina display mean? what steps does that involve?

The new iPhone 4 and 4th generation iPod touch has what's called a retina display. The screen size is the same as previous generations, but the resolution has been doubled, resulting in a MUCH clearer display (trust me, I thought it was marketing hype too, but once I got an iTouch4, the older devices all look blurry to me now)..

Here's how to optimize your game/app for retina display (while still supporting older devices):

http://ideveloper.kodingen.com/2010/retina-display-setup-in-3-easy-steps/

views:2029 update:2011/9/21 13:23:32
corona forums © 2003-2011