MINI THOR - Game Preview

The Mighty Thor are doing serious "big business" in the toilet, while the Kinpei Monsters had stolen his "Mjöllnir". The Mighty Thor had granted you with the power of "Mini Thor Power Ball" in helping him to catch Kinpei Monsters and return back his "Mjöllnir".

You are now the Mini Thor. Go and hunt in the name of the Thunder God.

We are in the progress of debugging and debugging at the moment.
There's a dedicated website and facebook page for this game.

Be sure to check it out at here
MINI THOR OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://minithor.gamecreme.com

Facebook fan page, a simple "LIKE" would meant a lot to us. LIKE us = motivate us. Thanks for your LIKE.
http://www.facebook.com/minithor

We are working hard on the video trailer at the moment.
Hope you like it.

Also in the coming week, we are going to launch a trailer along with some screen shots.
Be sure to signup to our newsletter so you don't miss the launch date.
Newsletter Signup
http://minithor.gamecreme.com/menu/newsletter-signup
Be sure to signup for our newsletter.

Be sure to leave your comment, promo codes will offer to the one that leave comments. Random draw of user may apply if commenters are many. Thanks for your understanding.

Is the app made in Corona? From the blog post, am still a bit fuzzy.

Though, from the graphics its looks nice. Hope to see it soon on the app stores.

C.

oh wow are you officially licensed by Marvel?

Hi Carlos,

Yes, the game is 100% made in Corona. But did use GS for quick reference check. But after the first five levels we drop GS and purely use Corona.

No, I am not officially licensed by Marvel.
Isn't Thor just a Ancient Mythology? Don't think Marvel can Trade Mark Ancient Mythology.

You are correct in that Marvel can't trademark the Norse myth of Thor, but what they can do is trademark/copyright their character of Thor, which yours resembles greatly.

You might be able to avoid issues if you were to base your look on the Norse descriptions of Thor, which include red hair and a beard (no helmet with wings).

I myself would be more than surprised if you didn't get some sort of letter from a Marvel attorney.

Yes, I had send an email to the infringements department of Marvel.
I am waiting for there reply, if they are bother by my game/character.
I had suggest that I can change the character to orange hair and with mustache.
Let see what I will get back. And thank you for your thoughts.
Vincent

Just got back from the infringement department of Marvel. This is what I got back with.
I will be changing the character instantly.
And thank you jhocking and mike4.

Dear Mr. Chan,

Thank you for contacting me. While the mythological Thor is not owned by Marvel, the specific character designs from Marvel’s comic books are copyrighted. If you sell this game using a character resembling Marvel’s Thor, Marvel would be forced to shut down your game from the apple store. I appreciate you contacting me in advance so that this does not happen to you.

If you make the following changes, then the character will no longer be infringing:

-Change the hair from blond to red.
-Add a mustache
-Use another color for the shirt and cape, Marvel’s Thor has a blue shirt and red cape.
-Please used a different style of helmet. Marvel’s Thor has a silver helmet with white wings.
-Please use a different style of hammer. Marvel’s Thor hammer is the same shape and is distinct from the hammer used in mythology.
-Please also refrain from using any similar plot elements from the comic books or movie.

If you can send me an image of the changes, would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gregory Pan
Marvel Legal Affairs

Glad to see you took the advice to heart, and more importantly, took it upon yourself to make sure you were in the clear with Marvel.

Good for you, and I hope it doesn't cause to big a headache to change all the art!

Looking forward to seeing the finished game.

@mike4

Well I had changed all the image to the promotional part.
Working on the in game images.
Hopefully will be finish within this week and then resubmit to the App Store and the Android Market.

You can check it out under the Android Market here
MINI THOR

It is kinda a big headache, because I had already started on the next game.
So everything need to postpone and focus on the redraw of the Thor character.
Next time I will be careful not to pick a famous Comic Book character.
Cheers
Vincent

views:1771 update:2011/9/23 8:53:55
corona forums © 2003-2011