Memory Stacks - my new iPhone game

My new iphone game Memory Stacks is released! It's a puzzle game that takes the classic game of Memory and adds a few exciting twists!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory-stacks/id433096355?mt=8&ls=1

Checkout the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1pBypdNTA

Here are a few screenshots:
http://www.tofrutti.com/memstacks/index.html

Congrats! Its a fun challenging game!

oh boo someone else released an iPhone game literally just two weeks ago with the exact same name. I hope that was just a coincidence and not because they saw my Flash game a while ago.

Great job my friend. An original game idea that I haven't seen before and it's quite fun. I gave you a good review. I also challenge someone to beat my high score on the leaderboards :)

Thanks aaaron! I'm glad you gave the game a try and liked it.

Wow, to do well in this game you really need to sit down and be free from distractions. The later levels get so intense and unlike Tetris where you can just throw bricks into gaps, this game you are required to memorize tiles which can be very difficult at those levels. I found many times that my mind just went blank because I lost focus or because it was just getting too fast. Anyways I doubled my last score and unlocked all achievements. Beat that :)

I just had a friend comment that she reached level 20. Maybe I just suck but I top out at like half that. How far can you reach?

@jhocking - very awesome !!! my wife loves !!!

suggestion - Universal Build will increase your sales :)

Best of luck.

I probably will do a Universal build eventually, but I didn't start with that because I don't have an iPad. Regardless, the next thing on my plate is the Lite version (mostly done already.)

ADDITION: Because there some confusion right now about ratings from promo codes, I'd like to do a little experiment. I'll post three promo codes for my game; if you take one, try to leave a review and then post here to tell us if it worked.

7EF67FWEPXTJ
EA7L6FYKLJPL
A9R4RNFYW74K

This will be good for other developers to know.

Took A9R4RNFYW74K --- I left a review using iTunes and it said it was successful --- let's see if it shows up

NOTE: Your game is not compatible to download and run on iOS 4.2.8 for Verizon iPhone or iOS 4.3.3

I think you need to build using at least Build 5.08 or after to get it to current SDK level --- just an FYI

hm does that mean you can't install the game on your phone? Man that is annoying, why would Apple break apps when switching minor version numbers on iOS?

At any rate my phone is at 4.3.3 and Memory Stacks works just fine, so I'm guessing the issue wasn't the version of Corona (I don't bother with daily builds, so I'm on 4.84) but rather with the build server needing updated. Although, I definitely rebuilt the game on Monday (there was a minor issue during the review so they needed me to rebuild it) so unless Apple broke all apps within the last few days...

Would it matter that I hadn't updgraded my phone yet? I didn't think my install of Xcode matters to Corona, but maybe I'm mistaken about that. Xcode did need to update after I installed 4.3.3 on my phone a couple days ago.

man what the heck, I'm all confused what I need to do now. What phone and iOS do you have exactly? And my game isn't installing right? um, I'm surprised Apple didn't complain about that during the review. I guess what I need to do is install the latest version of Corona, build my game, and then submit that update to iTunes.

ADDITION: okay I just tested every Corona-built game I have and they all work fine. Several have been updated recently but at least one definitely doesn't support multitasking/fast-app switching so it clearly wasn't built in the latest version of Corona. Do you have a Verizon iPhone? Maybe that's the issue, and the error mentioning iOS 4.3.3 is a red herring.

The iTunes store says you need 4.1 or later.

So minor releases shouldn't pose a problem. Dunno why being on Verizon would be a problem either.

@jhocking - I just bought your game on my iPad (iOS 4.3.3) and it is working

I was receiving via iTunes an "Incompatible with device message" and it would not let me download on my Verizon iPhone 4

So, I did some more research and it is an Apple issue

I rebooted my device

I downloaded the game on my computer using iTunes

And now it installs and runs on my Verizon iPhone 4 version 4.2.8

So, I apologize for having you chase this around --- my apologies

I do really love the game and I am trying to be helpful with all of the version and device specific problems that I am seeing out there with Apple lately

I will leave you another review from my iPad account :)

@jhocking - Just a follow-up --- my review using your Promo Code did go up :)

I've read reports that Apple has "fixed" the ability to review when redeeming a promo code and that the initial inability to review may have been isolated to certain countries.

I read that too, so hopefully other people test these promo codes so we'll know for sure.

Thanks for the follow up ssinger, glad to know what was going on.

views:1896 update:2011/9/23 8:53:55
corona forums © 2003-2011