Bubble Ball is live!

This is my first Corona app, and first app ever! Bubble Ball is a fun physics puzzle game. Please review and rate it, but don't be too harsh on the ratings (at least 3, but no more than 6 :) ), as I'm 14 and this is my first game. Here's the link to my game:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bubble-ball/id412089940?mt=8

Great job! Loading it as I type this message and will leave a great review! At 14 I could only dream of doing something like this so well done to you! Keep it up.

PS. I searched app store for Bubble Ball and could not get a hit for your app. When I searched for Bubble-Ball I found it. The - seems to be significant. Thought I should let you know in case this reduces the hits you get when people search for Bubble or Ball.

Edit - Loaded the app, left a review. Great job. I like the challenges.

Very well done indeed!

Just to let you know when I searched for Bubble Ball it came up as the first hit for me.

I also left a review, good job!

This game is really good! Fun and solidly put together. Way better than anything I was up to at 14, and frankly better than most free games.

ADDITION: The need to tap over and over to rotate pieces is pretty annoying. Maybe there's a better way to do that, like douple-tap to go into rotate mode or using multi-touch or something.

Yes, I agree. Multi-touch would be really hard to do on those little pieces, especially if you have bigger fingers. The double-tap to go into rotate mode is a good idea, though. Thanks! Be sure to leave a review, or at least rate it if you haven't.

Well multi-touch doesn't have to mean both fingers on the pieces. You could have one finger on the piece, and then the second finger is where the piece points to.

This could be too complicated for most people though, it'd have to be play tested.

Or maybe it could just be as simple as you hold down your finger to start it rotating and when you lift up your finger it stops?

EDIT - though you would yes have to implement like a double tap to go into rotate mode or something so you could know if a user wanted to drag the object or rotate it.

IMHO, hold and push finger up to rotate one direction, hold and push finger down to rotate other way. You might get stuck near the edges though.

at first you think it is easy.... but really... very tricky and well done.

carlos

Thanks Carlos! About the rotating, I actually had a method where you tapped and held, and it would rotate under your finger. But it just wasn't precise enough. If something needed to be a 90 degree angle, it was hard to get. I'm not sure how to improve it, although I really like the double-tap to enter rotate. We'll see.

So, question about number of downloads. I got about 500 on the first day. Is that good? Average? Awful? I've never posted an app before, so I have no idea.

I enjoyed the game. Some of the later levels require some creative thinking to get through them. Reminded me vaguely of Lemmings.

Constructive criticism... the elements were difficult to select at times. This was inconsistent. Sometimes you could pick a piece and move it with ease. Other times it took several to many attempts to pick a piece in order to move it.

Had fun playing it on the plane. Keep the levels coming.

Wow !!!!!!!!! Bubble Ball is #2 after Angry Birds !

Congrats Robert

Carlos

Seriously?

holy crap that is amazing

App store Pict http://bit.ly/ebeIDS

C.

now it's #1 in Free Apps ... wow, congrats!

I am sooo very impressed and happy!!! Well done.

That is so awesome! I imagine Robert is doing a happy dance along about now! :)

Jay

PS - And I imagine Ansca as a whole isn't feeling too badly, either! ;)

You had better believe I am doing a happy dance! :) Ansca's posted tweets, facebooks, etc, as well as carlos and others.

Everyone here is cheering for Robert and for the fact that an app done with Corona toppled the Angry birds juggernaut. :-) We are happy.

Robert, please get in touch with me via email. Have some additional news to share. as soon as you can please.

Carlos

Carlos, if you're going to hire him better be quick. I'm typing up my job offer. :-)

He might be typing up his job offer ;)

Just submitted an update with more levels, and Universal support! Yeah!

awesome, cannot wait!

Hah hah! Now this is what I call getting two birds with one ball!!! Get it? ;-)

Great going Robert. Will download as soon as it shows up! Keep going!!!

oo more levels, goodie

woah, well done!
My friends and others were talking about bubble ball!

I hope you keep it up with your work!
In addition, i'm also making an app,
How long did it take you to make an app?

VERY IMPRESSIVE :D

views:1504 update:2011/9/24 8:48:32
corona forums © 2003-2011