Additional Map Marker Features

Dear Ansca,

If you are able to add additional features to the myMap:addMarker() API, including attaching a thumbnail photo to the marker, and support for one of those blue "right arrow" icons that jumps to further information, I would be most grateful. I am planning a new project that will include an interactive map, and being able to expand upon the existing map marker feature would really make it pop. At the very least, the ability to add an event handler to a map marker would be amazing.

Alternately, if you could find a way to use the native iOS map feature, while overlaying markers and other info from an online custom Google Map (meaning I can update the map markers online and have that info pushed to app users without requiring an app update), that would be even better. I know I can use a Web Popup to accomplish this, but the native map is so much cleaner, and you don't run the risk of the user accidentally browsing away from the map like you do with a Web Popup.

Thanks as always for all the new features you've been adding. I've only been using Corona for a few months, and it's already a vastly improved product.

Thanks,
Jason

I double that ... This feature should be implemented please :-)

I completely agree...adding an event handler to a map marker is absolutely necessary for our next app. Custom marker images would be nice too...

+1

views:2037 update:2011/9/17 18:17:57
corona forums © 2003-2011