A way to change the orientation of the device.

Basically I'd just like to be able to tell corona that my app is either in landscape or portrait so that I can change where the status bar is on my app. Right now I'm just hiding it because I'm making a landscape app and if I leave the status bar in place then it appears in portrait mode and looks weird.

I'm not sure if there's already a way to do this, I could only find events for orientation but nothing to specify it.

Right now there isn't a default setting, though you can certainly change the orientation in the simulator by hitting cmd → or cmd ←, or by selecting them from the hardware menu.

Well, what I mean is that when I build my app on a device, unless I have the status bar set to hidden it will show on the top of the screen in portrait mode, but since my game has all of the action sideways it looks strange that there's a status bar at the far right that my characters are walking through instead of above them. Right now I'm just hiding it but it'd be cool to be able to leave the time display and stuff on.

Ah, no that's not something that is supported yet. Its in the works though.

Something I've noticed is a slight drop in responsiveness in a rotated view when the content itself hasn't been grouped.

To clarify, I've set up my artwork to be landscape, with the left-, right- and forward-button graphics set up for viewing in landscape mode. In the simulator everything works 100%, top speed, whether the display is rotated or not.

On my 1st-gen iPod Touch, while the display is portrait, everything's perfect and full-speed, but if I rotate the iPod to landscape, the responsiveness of the buttons drops slightly, and the buttons themselves don't react 100% of the time (eg. it might take 10 presses to get 8 or 9 responses).

I'll try testing it on a 2nd-gen Touch this weekend, but I'm not sure how to adjust for this. I've left the coordinate system intact and haven't bothered with adjusting anything code-wise for landscape, so I don't understand where the drop is coming from.

Any ideas?

Could you email me the assets? Maybe if I take a look at it, I can get an idea of whats causing that.

info@anscamobile.com

Hi Jeff;

Will do, thanks.

views:1853 update:2011/9/18 14:43:09
corona forums © 2003-2011