Question for EBook developers: illustrators?

Hello,
For those who develop EBooks for iPad/Galaxy (i.e. childrens' books), may I ask where you located your illustrator, or where I might start searching for an illustrator?

The possible unique requirement is this: I want to locate an illustrator who can design character "elements" for me... as in, pieces of characters that I can personally re-assemble into my desired compositions in Photoshop. Heads, legs, arms, eyes, mouths, etc. Obviously these elements would need to be vector-based or painted in substantially high resolution so I could downsize them as needed.

Any suggestions regarding this? I'm not really interesting in contracting an illustrator to design full-page custom illustrations for me. I'm fully versed in Photoshop, but my skills are not suited toward the particular character designs I need. If I can obtain and purchase a whole set of character elements (and obtain full license to re-arrange them to my needs, with no further royalties going to the illustrator), that would be ideal.

Maybe this is not "how the industry works". Veterans of the book and publishing industry, is this simply a ridiculous proposition to any self-respecting illustrator? I personally think it's fair: a one-time payment for a whole slew of character elements. But I might be mistaken. :)

Brent

views:1360 update:2011/10/3 8:06:12
corona forums © 2003-2011