Game Center support?

I'm currently investigating Corona for use in a couple of projects, one of which I'd like to include Game Center support for.

I note that the Corona SDK supports Game Center as long as it goes through the Openfeint API. Are there any plans to support Game Center directly? I can't seem to find it mentioned in the Road Map. The going-through-Openfeint method is rather old fashioned and adds a little extra complication for the user where there doesn't need to be one.

I also downloaded the Float Free app to see how well it works. Not very well, it seems. While it added the game to my Game Center list and updated my achievements in Openfeint, they never appeared in my Game Center achievements list, and the leaderboard displayed nothing. Is this normal, or is that app known to be broken?

Cheers

t.

I'll have to get back to you on the OF/GC side of things but I can tell you that it works fine.

I haven't played Float in ages and can't recall whether or not I had issues, however I can tell you I have my own app using OF and GC and working perfectly for both leaderboards and achievements.

Peach :)

Ok, well that's a little more reassuring. Are there any good examples of apps using Openfient/Game Center (where it actually works!)? :)

If you (or anyone!) knows whether real Game Center support is on the roadmap (however distant), I'd be really interested to know. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Ansca is waiting until iOS 5 is out before doing more work on it.

t.

Hi Peach,

I'm having my own minor difficulties integrating O.F. with G.C. and would love to see your app in action as a working example. What is the name?

Thanks

Hey to both of you :)

Shoot me an email, my name (no caps, no spaces) at gmail - will give you promo codes.

tm0, I can't say for sure as it isn't my department - I'm hoping to get more info on that but as I'm in a different timezone to all the tech geniuses over at Ansca HQ, it's not that easy ;)

Peach :)

views:1508 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011