Porting a GS Game / Trajectory

Hello Corona community.

So far, I am liking Corona a lot. I just needed help with porting my game from GameSalad. You can download the GameSalad project file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xnv6hfy1g1vku0h

Here is what I figured out so far:

Physics engine can be used for restitution and collisions.

I can spawn the dots automatically using a timer and stuff.

What I really need help with is all the rules under the PlotPoint actor…

I can't figure out how to use these commands from GS: vectorToAngle AND magnitude. I tried to implement them using trignometry and pythagorean theorem respectively, but to no avail.

Lastly, that formula works from anywhere on the screen… Will it work the same in Corona, even though (0,0) is in a different spot?

In other words, I either need help with implementing a trajectory system, or a totally new formula…

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Please ask questions if you're unsure of anything!

Peach is our resident expert on GS to Corona, If you wait you will get a response from her soon.

cheers

?:)

Hi Jayant :P

Hi Mayur, I haven't looked at this sort of thing in a long while, however I'll try to make some time to check it out for you tonight.

Peach :)

Hey again Mayur,

I've had a bit of a look, however your project contains a few things that I never previously saw in GameSalad and I'm a bit lost when it comes to "translating" them.

I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find any sample code that might help you.

Peach

Cool. Thanks for all your help Peach. I really appreciate it!

Mayur :^)

Hey again,

I have not yet found sample code that will help but I haven't given up on it yet, will continue to look around when I'm on my coffee breaks. (I'm lying, they aren't coffee breaks - they're Pepsi Max breaks ;))

Peach

Just thought I would give this thread a tiny little bump…

BUMP! :P

Please does anybody have any advice. I am really eager to start!

Hey there,

I haven't been able to find any sample code or tutorials that suit your GS project at this stage, however maybe you could piece it together using other samples.

For example, the Ghosts VS monsters code shoots, but with less power (and the character staring flat on the ground as yours does) you could use it to create a similar jump to what you were doing previously? That would give you something to build on. (It has the dotted line for where the shoot/jump has happened, too :))

views:1699 update:2011/10/4 17:12:07
corona forums © 2003-2011