Problems with Android

I have an app that works perfectly fine on the iOS, now when I port it to the Android, the first issue that I see is the moment I click on the inputField, the Keyboard appears and the screen is squashed, the top half has the textField and the lower half where the keyboard was is the screen squashed.

And then when I spawn the MapView, the screen turns black and blank. This is quite frustrating as that is *NOT* what it should do.

Both the elements are non-OpenGL and are playing up. The device is the Samsung galaxy SII

It would be helpful to understand how to fix that issue.

cheers,

?:)

Hello jayantv,

Android does not support the MapView. That is an iOS only feature at the moment.

When you say the virtual keyboard squashes the screen, do you mean it re-scales it vertically? In my experience, the keyboard is alway on top of the content.

@Joshua,
I thought that MapView would have worked...since it displays google maps. I might have to use a webPopup to display the maps on android then.

I understand what you are implying, it should be like on the iOS, the keyboard should cover up the screen area. That's why I mentioned that I got someone to try it out on Samsung Galaxy S II, and the moment you tap on the TextField, there is a sort of a carat pointing upwards (like word has for showing margins, etc) I had two buttons underneath the text field, they disappeared, so I asked the user to dismiss the keyboard and what I saw was interesting, the text field was in the upper half of the screen, where as the screen background was squashed in the lower half of the screen,

+----------------+
|                |
|   [_______]    |
|                |
|                |
|                |
|                |
|=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
|  Squashed      |
|     Display    |
|          Here  |
+----------------+

This was the first time I ever experienced such a behaviour, the fix was if the user left the app, and then went back to it as it was still running (multi-tasking) as I have code that persists the screen at each stage.

I am trying to request for a screenshot, the mapview code kind of crashes and gives a blank black screen.

thanks,

cheers,

?:)

Hello jayantv,

When you do get that screenshot, would you mind writing up a bug report and attaching that image to the report please?

Ansca doesn't have a Samsung Galaxy S II to test with... and it is rather curious that its keyboard behavior is different compared to other Android devices. It's likely a layout issue that we'll have to work-around on our end. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Oh and adding MapView support to Corona on Android is on our to-do list, but we haven't committed to a date on when to do this yet. Sorry about the confusion.

views:1609 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011