Some resources don't get copied to the .apk during a build (Corona 484)

I have a large project with lots of .png files in a folder structure (4-5 folders depth). After compiling my project I've noticed a file missing in one of the deeper folders, which causes a crash in the compiled application at a time when the image is needed.

Why would such a strange thing happen? There are thousands of seemingly analogous files being copied with no problem. I'm not yet certain this is the only file missing, I'll need to do a lot more testing with my app to make sure.

I should probably mention the file is named Icon.png, if there is a requirement never to use that name in any folder for some reason.

What build are you using?

There's a little checklist you might want to checkout in this thread; http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/04/20/subdirectories-android

Like I mention in the post topic, it's build 484.

I've seen that particular checklist, in fact I've build a parser based on it so I can continue to use folders with resources however I please, and I'm able to get the app to android - I'm only having problems with certain resources, as it appears, at the time those resources are requested by my app. I couldn't get the application to launch at all without that checklist, so I'm past that :))

I've verified that files named Icon.png don't get copied to the .apk after the build - I had several files named like that, and none of them got copied. I've changed my source and resource names to be something different from Icon.png, and the errors I've stumbled on so far seem remedied.

I'll keep testing... :)

(P.S. Just to clarify: this has nothing to do with my parser; the files I mention are in folders in the version of the project that has flattened out non-image resource files, the project compiles fine and works fine on android, with the only issues arising due to the several files that are in the project I'm compiling but not in the apk)

Apologies, I read it then scrolled down and read the post twice and forgot it was in the title >.<'

I'm glad the problems you were facing were remedied; if you encounter further issues that are also in current (stable) builds, please update the thread :)

Thanks,
Peach :)

views:1752 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011