Windows Terminal Window: Can we pin it or specify it's open coordinates upon launch?

I'm tired of always having to drag my Terminal window within Windows XP. Is there somewhere we can specify the X,Y coord. of the window upon launch? Or is there some mechanism or trick about making sure it opens up in the same place every time?

I ask because I'm getting a sporadic "Memory Crash" issue which forces the Corona Simulator to close unexpectedly.

I have an idea. Go to the store, buy Windows 7 Home Premium. Guess what? Drag the window to the side of the screen and WALA! It just pinned to the side of the screen. Trust me, you will love Windows 7. It's way faster than XP.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

@ninjapig123: ...but if I was trying to avoid plopping down cash for an OS upgrade, is there another way to set the window coordinates (is the question)?

No there isn't. It seems to me like your just being sorta lazy. Just click the mouse and move it to where you want lol. It's what we all have to do.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

@ninjapig123: actually, what you describe doesn't address the problem (even on Windows 7).

Ok well about the memory crash, it could be an endless loop. Try updating the simulator, they just fixed it a few builds ago. And about the custom points for the window, it's impossible. Also if you want to fix memory crashes, put more RAM in your computer. If you have 1gb get 2gb. If you have 2gb get 4gb etc. Good Luck!

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

I'll agree with Mr. Incredible - remembering your location is just good manners. From personal experience I know it's one of those things that's a hassle to code -- not because it's hard, but because it takes times away from *important* parts of the app.

But once something like that is in you realize how nice it is -- and being more "polished" is important. :)

I'll bet we see it at some point soon.

Jay

Everyone,

I'm Ansca's primary Windows developer and this bugs me too. Esepcially since I use dual monitors. :)
I'll write this up as a feature request.

That said, the position of the Corona Simualtor window is remembered. Just one more window to go!

Thank you Joshua; I'm dual screen too. Thanks for feeling my pain. :-)

views:1558 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011