Where do my 3rd party libraries go?

For some reason when I copied them into the program files/corona/resources directory the simulator started throwing ui.lua errors, and I read not to do that, so if no there where?
I have searched the forums.
TIA anyone

If you mean third party such as particle candy etc then you just place them in your project folder and reference accordingly. You don't add them to corona directory structure itself.

Yeah, Corona didn't like that, and I read why after the fact. I understand I could add them to the project directory they're supposed to be included with, but I was hoping for a more elegant broad solution, like keeping all my 3rd part libraries in a folder and setting a path in the build environment so that any project I'm working on can call up lime or particle candy, etc. I tend to work on dozen's of small standalone 'test's before I implement changes in my games. If anyone know how to set a path in the corona sdk please let me know.

I hate to sound self-promotional, but "Dynamic Assets" is one of the coolest features of Corona Project Manager. I have dozens of projects that all use the Director class, for example, but I only have ONE copy of the class on my hard drive.

I tell CPM which libraries I want to use and then when I Launch (to Simulator) or Publish (to build to device) it grabs a copy as needed.

If you want to try it out, you can get a 30-day trial version of Corona Project Manager by using the Coupon code CPMTRIAL on the 2nd page of the order form: http://CoronaProjectManager.com

Jay

views:1554 update:2011/10/10 9:00:20
corona forums © 2003-2011