Graphics Standard for Corona?!

I have been in development of my game for a few weeks now, my first build i was able to get my app to run on my phone just fine. Now after lots of progress my game will run fine in the simulator and i can build and install my app, but when i run it i just get a black screen on my phone, it even will pop up the message that says "this only appears on trial version". Also most recently i have tried adding a png background to my game, when i run it in the simulator it displays as just White.... is there a standard that i need to keep too? anyone have any idea of why either of these problems are occuring?
thank you

it must be PNG 32 bit or JPG

c.

Ok that is good to know, i did some further testing and it turns out that somewhere between 2000 pixels and 3000 pixels in size is when corona freaks out.
i changed my background size starting small and got up to 2000 x 2000 and it still displayed correctly, i then tried 3000x 3000 and it was back to the white screen, i guess corona cant support bigger images?

I believe there are hardware dependant limits on the image sizes.

yea understandable, anyone know if there are limits to how far into virtual space you can go with your objects? i wonder if this is a problem because the game i am creating can go a good way horizontal and vertical. for example one level is close to 6000 pixels out from X. It seems to work just fine in the simulator though. but then again i cant get my game to install and play on my android phone.

If you create a physics body and just let it keep falling it will seemingly go forever, just print out its position values in an enterFrame handler. The same could be done for an image, just keep adding to its X value and see if it ever stops. I doubt it would.

views:1422 update:2011/10/10 15:46:04
corona forums © 2003-2011