help i want only iphone4 and ipad in game

hi guys just can't find any documents on this plz tell me what i suppose to add if i want my game will run on only retina display (iphone 4 and ipad(s))

thanks in advance

:)

Unless your game bases totally on the gyro thats not possible.

Apple does not allow you to artificially fuckup the userbase.

You can either only target the ipad alone and thats it or you can support 3GS+ and the iPad or only 3GS+, but you can not support the 4th gen only unless your game requires gyro to work (which it can't as it won't run on ipad then)

Also I don't get the point about retina display there. iPad has no retina, its a real 10" screen with at totally different aspect ratio (4:3 instead of 3:2)
And the retina screen on the 4th gen devices does not make it more usable pixels for interactions, just "half as many jaggies" due to 4 pixels per area where 3GS is 1 pixel per the same area (which makes it actually 2-5 times as fast depending on the game, cause the 4th gen and ipad1 have the same gpu as the 3GS)

ohhh i see thanks dreamora i understand its not possible sorry for some what misunderstanding actually i want only higher resolution devices which is iphone4 and ipad not iphone

anyway thanks again

I fear you don't understand if you still believe you can target iPhone4 / iTouch4 but not 3GS, because thats just not possible.

There is no way to select supported devices basing on resolution, you can only restrict the devices basing on hardware capabilities and only if your application uses them.
The only thing the iphone4 has over the 3GS is the gyroscope, so unless your game requires the gyroscope to work, you can not remove the 3GS from the supported devices.

Also if it requires the gyroscope, you no longer can do a universal build as the iPad1 has no gyroscope either

I think you might want to readup on the apple iOS developer portal on what you can do and what not and especially readup the application approval guide on what will not be tolerated (like what you try to do here)

hey dreamora no need to fear from me i had understand it's not possible and which is my first line in prev post

i had write rest of the story because i like to clear what i wan't although that's not possible i know ipad has no retina which which my first post telling by my mistake so

any way thank

No fear there :)

But the second half of the first sentence kind of sounded as if you want to persuade it independent of the "impossible acknowledgement", so I thought it would make sense to explain it in more detail and also hint at Apples guidelines which are expected to be known inside out if you want to get anything onto the store as apple will follow them pretty strictly and crush more or less anything that requested an approval under the missconception that the guidelines are optional.

glad i think i have to read apple's rules so long......

views:1612 update:2011/10/10 21:27:38
corona forums © 2003-2011