Help! I need some advice...

OK, I made my app free for the weekend, and it's doing great (12K yesterday)! My question is... should I leave it as "free" and create an in-app purchase for new levels, or drop the "free" and hope that the 30K downloads over the weekend create enough buzz to translate into sales?

I'm worried about losing "top 200" rankings when I go back to paid. Currently it's top 50 in most markets, top 20 in a hand full, and #5 in France (in it's category).

In-app purchase seems like a better idea, but will take a few weeks to develop new levels, build the in-app structure, and then submit it.

IDK what to do!

Want to provide a link to your app?

here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chuckin-it!-hd-redneck-recyclin/id446093796?mt=8

So, I let the free period expire, it's now back to .99 and, as expected, it's no longer in any top 200's. I think I will develop a version for free that includes the first 13 levels, and the rest for in-app purchase.

I kind of wish I had started out with this strategy, because I may have missed the boat on getting websites to promote the app following a price drop.

Note of interest: I totaled just over 30K downloads over the weekend, half of them from China.

views:1399 update:2011/10/10 21:27:38
corona forums © 2003-2011