Submitting App: What Apple Looks For (Guidelines, Checkoff Lists, Etc.)

Is there an END-ALL/BE-ALL checklist that anyone has authored or is sharing that says, "These are the issues Apple pays closest attention to and will get your App booted immediately!" ...?

I know that they will not allow a crashing App to be released. But things like "How your App handles an incoming phone call" type functionality example... where is the big "MAKE SURE THESE THINGS ARE HANDLED APPROPRIATELY" type list? Anyone have words of wisdoms, links, or threads they can point me to??? Pretty please?

There is the "App Store Review Guidelines" that developer.apple.com has; is there anything else like this to be studying and going through before submission?

Finally: Is Apple more "lenient" with Free Apps as opposed to tier-pricing Apps?

Thank you in advance... we're trying to get to a point to submit our first App today.

The Apple guidelines are the best source and cover most things.

Really the best we can do is tell you what things have gotten us rejected.

So for me, its only been one thing. I had gamecenter turned on in an app, but in iTunes Connect I had not enabled it properly. I fixed it and they approved the app without resubmission or a longer wait.

I've heard of rejections for letting OpenFeint connect to gameCenter and the app not having a link to game center directly.

I've heard that memory leaks get busted, but I've seen enough evidence to say if its not bad enough to crash the app while they are testing it, it will probably get through.

robmiracle, thank you - you offered information and insight in exactly the way I was hoping. I'm hoping people will say "this is what I encountered" and "this is how Apple handled it." Your information is SO appreciated, thank yoU!

views:1404 update:2011/10/10 21:27:38
corona forums © 2003-2011