SpriteSheets won't auto-scale (and workarounds introduce physics issues)

Auto-scaling to larger devices works great with Corona. For SpriteSheets though, as is probably a known issue, you need to do manual workarounds to get it going. It would be nice to have this happen automatically as it happens with other images -- especially because the workarounds seem to introduce subtle physics differences, which would be a showstopper in my current situation.

Right now -- and I might be doing this wrong -- I had to multiply the polygon coordinates for my sprite shape, manually append a suffix to load the right image, take the square root of the density value hoping that helps, then scale down the sprite again to half its size just to get something that seems to look good. And yet -- even with these workarounds the sprite doesn't behave exactly the same, and as this affects core game play, I will now apparently need to get rid of the sprite sheet altogether and use an invisible physics body manually overlaid with non-physical images, one per former spritesheet-frame.

Hope this gets automated, thanks Ansca!

views:1424 update:2011/10/11 22:13:38
corona forums © 2003-2011