CPM with Zwoptex - HELP!!!

Anyone used these two together?

does the datafile need to be loaded from the library - if so how do you do this

I can't even get a simple -require "test.lua" - to work...

also had to manually rename the data file from test.plist to test.lua for it to be recognised by CPM

I though zwoptex was the 'standard' way to go and can't understand why I'm hitting these issues

all help gratefully appreciated

CPM will recognize anything -- even stuff it doesn't recognize. In other words, throw a file into the asset list and it will be included in a launch or a build. CPM doesn't have to understand what a file is for to know that you want it included.

I've never used Zwoptex (I "standardized" on TexturePacker myself) but the process is the same with any tool and CPM -- have the other tool generate the code you need and then drag those files into the asset list of the project in CPM. You should then be able to reference them with require().

Jay

I use both of these together and have no problems.

Did you add the assets (the png and the lua) file into CPM?

Did you select corona game edition when exporting coordinates?

CPM will recognize anything -- even stuff it doesn't recognize. In other words, throw a file into the asset list and it will be included in a launch or a build. CPM doesn't have to understand what a file is for to know that you want it included.

To that end, is it possible to update the file extensions that CPM is aware of, such that other files, like a .TTF file will be listed as a "font" instead of an "audio" file etc.?

well, have you change the format to CoronaSDK at Publish Settings in Zwoptex?

cause the default it save to Zwoptex generic .plist

Thanks for feedback

I got this to work after an afternoon of pulling out what little hair I have out :) like a lot of things with Corona its the really easy stuff that tends to throw you - the complex stuff is made easy

1) I used the example in the Horse Animation Corona docs, the code in the Zwoptex docs gave an error that appear to say the module hadn't loaded - which is why I thought it was something to do with CPM and libraries, a red herring pointed out above.

2) I had to rename the file, which only worked if I saved it initially without an extension. Again I'm new to Mac...

Yes I set up everything I could in Zwoptex to output in Corona format, the text file even had a version of Corona docs.

views:1648 update:2011/10/12 9:17:43
corona forums © 2003-2011