Tuesday, January 25th at 9:00am (PST) - Something big is going to happen.

Come back Tuesday, January 25th, at 9:01am (PST), and you will see why mobile app development will not be the same.

Carlos

That's 1AM for me, so I guess I will be staying up late!

sooooo excited!

Wohooo! I'm getting champagne!!

4 AM here - lucky I keep strange hours!

That's 31 hours away :(

Can't wait to hear the news though!!! :D

// Ed.

wow I'm curious ...

Marco/gugugames.net

mistery...

Right now I have no idea what time that is going to be over here. :) Looking forward to it anyway.

Cheers

Chris

Mmmh, must be something else besides the new Corona features comming in the next update which were hinted by Carlos already.

why mobile app development will not be the same.

This sounds like a permanent change to the development process, not just adding blackberry/wp7/osx build support.

GUI? Windows Corona? Makeitfly? Any of those and I'll be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake.

[EDIT] Just saw this on Carlos blog:
http://www.carlosicaza.com/

Will be 6PM for me, here in germany.
Hopefully there'll be more than makeitfly() ;)

Will there be a live webcast and a red carpet event?

I will (un)patiently wait. On the bug submission form, I noticed there is a checkbox for windows... No idea why that is there. Is there going to be wp7 support?

Holy smokes! You're right Robert!

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/bug-submission

Windows and OSX listed. I'm assuming OSX/Windows mean Corona Simulator OS. A Windows version... Darn I just bought a Macbook....

@lococo: I vote that Ricky Gervais is invited to host if a red carpet event is held.

@bedhouin, it probably is the simulator os. The only reason I would want a windows version is so that I could take it on a flash drive and work on my games at school, since they have something against macs. :)

@NayGames
I have the same problem, but im fixing that by getting the 13 inch ultimate Macbook Air! That thing is beautiful!

I cannot wait to hear the news! Anticipation!!! It's nice to actually get a specific time! Thanks Carlos!

-Kyle

The only key I will be pressing here in the UK at 2pm will be F5, F5, F5.

Can't wait.

Based on the teaser post... Could it be flash fla and/or swf vector import?

it's 5pm in UK

[deleted - duplicate post]

@Arty, Carlos' blog post mentioned a "Simple SVG parser", but it looks a hand coded jobber...

Since conjecture is fun, my guess is it will be Windows development support, meaning the Corona SDK dev tools and simulators will run on Windows. Seems very possible given their compiler backend is in the cloud, and the simulator already is an abstraction across multiple devices and Open GL is cross platform, so a "simulator" on Windows could work...

I know Ansca will get another 15 minutes of fame if they do this (albeit more in the tech community) because "Develop iOS Apps Easily on Windows" would get quite a bit of interest.

I can speak first hand, since I built an iPhone Web Browser simulator for Windows called iBBDemo. I built it using Adobe Air (oh the irony!) and I got a TON of interest from developers, and that was only a goofy little utility that took advantage of Air embedding Webkit!

BTW, I bought Corona in Nov and I am just now diving in. Wow, what a great platform, and I can feel the enthusiasm dripping off the team at Ansca! This should be fun.

Shaun

For some reason I thought it was 2pm aswell, I hate timezones.

Actually, the simple "SVG" browser is more than a simple hand-coded svg parser.

It does quiet a lot. It is built on top of an XML parser ....

@ianchia on twitter has the best insight into the SVG Parser functionality.

;-)

C.

@Carlos, Can't wait for more to be exposed! ;-)

I hope my comment wasn't taken as a slight. I was simply repeating what was said in your blog, as well as pointing out that it didn't look like you were using any library functions.

No slight. --- But actually, one of our Board Advisors, who I used to work for at Adobe, who was in charge of the Illustrator/SVG group, wrote the Corona lua SVG parser. Then I modified it to fit my needs. It is our own cooked SVG parser that I hope to release it open source as soon as the madness settles down.

Carlos

.... maybe the possibility to build for PSP and/or DS?

Best
Ale

Certainly loving all the speculation talk, I can't wait to hear what it is!

".... maybe the possibility to build for PSP and/or DS?"

Now that would be something. Though if people complain about dealing with Apple (which is a breeze IMO), I can only imagine what they'll be saying if they have to deal with Sony and Nintendo.

Oh god, Lot Checks and submission guidelines. Never again.

Ah I thought it was going to be 2pm UK time today as that was what i ahd read on twitter. 9:01am (eastern).

Guess it changed. lol. I wondered why I could find no info on it.

Cheers

Mike R

Ah, I see it's PST not Eastern time now :) @jmp909 you are correct at 5pm UK. bummer an extra 3 hours to wait :(

http://wwp.pacific-standard-time.com/

the most important feature that corona needs is to be able to include iads or admob because that translates directly to money for the developer
but i'll still be very interested in the new feature because it could still be just as nice as ads
this is terrible though having to wait and not knowing what it is..
can't carlos provide some hints leading up to the announcement?

and the oscar goes to...........

oh.... wrong channel

never mind

c.

Well looking at Carlos Post it seems that we will be able to import Vector Graphics into Corona. This means complex objects drawn by corona and being used maybe even by the physics model. The drawing that he is talking about though it's massive. This will be interesting.

After watching another post from Carlos. I think we will get another dimension soon. :)

Tick tock tick tock... So lets see how well ASNCA beefed up those servers. Mad rush at 9AM PST...

Seeeaaaann :: did the FedEx drop off the servers today?

.... Sean? Sean?

Bueller? Bueller?

Oh Oh...

C

About 50 mins ago (8:35pm PST right now), @ansca posted this on twitter:

"ansca: All systems are "GO" here at Ansca. Tuesday January 25th 6:01AM PST. Mobile Development will never be the same. @ansca #coronaSDK"

So... idk if 6:01 was a typo, but that's when I'm checking in :-)

no typo 6:01 am :-)

c

Oh that's generous Carlos. Will make it only 10PM at my end :)

I hope you all like this... ;-)
I happened to look at twitter 20 seconds after you posted that - I'm hoping your quirky sense of humour means you have your finger over the "deploy" button....

haha!! Downloading the Windows version now before your servers get hammered! Awesome!

Carlos, you're not adding The Beatles to Corona are you?

;)

horacebury wins the award for wittiest comment, I think.

....I am growing more and more impatient XD

Peach: The new drop is out on the download page, release notes and docs are all updated.

I see there's now a Windows version.

Am I missing something? Surely you still need a Mac to build an Apple app so what's the big deal about Windows support?

I see masking is in but I would have also liked to see a way of loading an image and being able to specify what the mask colour is in the image.

Boo, no native UI stuff :-(

But thanks for the update :-)

Big deal for me if it works. I spent 90% of my time in Corona Simulator.

I can code exclusively on Windows in simulator with scaled settings and then build to device on Mac when I have to.

The problem so far is that there are a lot of inconsistencies between Android and iPhone support in Corona, so some of the apps I tested just won't function.

What advantages are there to running the sim on win?

The only advantages are for people without a mac, because thanks to Ansca they can now get involved in iPhone development too :)

Great work guys, a new build + a windows version, you guys really are pulling out all the stops. Can't wait to test universal build + in-app soon :)

// Ed.

Whaaaaaaa? This is ridiculously early. I'm off to look now, thanks for the info. (At least now when I stay up to some ungodly hour it's by choice ;))

views:2831 update:2011/9/19 9:18:26
corona forums © 2003-2011