director 1.4 causes simulator crash(?)

Hello,
I'm experiencing a problem with corona build 591 on windows 7 ultimate using director class.

I'm developing a game made up of 4 screens:

• a presentation one(with game name and basically a button to start); in this one some images come into the screen using transitions
  • one to choose level to start from
  • one to display a loading label with an animation
  • the real game screen: at the end of level at the moment you can choose to start again (from the same level, because there's only one at this time) or go back to presentation screen by pushing two different buttons.

If user choose to start again, the loading screen is showed and then again game screen

Here is the problem:
the simulator crashes oddly on screen changes, but most of the times across restart and start after level choice. Sometimes it happens after button push, sometimes, but most rarely, before; sometimes the crash occours when loading screen is showed, sometimes before that.
The message of crash is that some memory location couldn't be written or read: a memory leak substantially.

In clean function, for every screen, i freed all display objects used for that screen, all display groups and audio files, that's for sure. I released display objects using display.remove() function and then nilled them, and all display groups with removeSelf() function.

So I ask: am I doing something wrong? Are that crashes caused by director or could it be a simulator bug? Or maybe the both?

If anyone have an idea please tell me because I'm stuck into it...
If some information is missing tell me, I'll be glad to provide it.

Cheers,

Marcello

views:1232 update:2011/10/17 21:25:02
corona forums © 2003-2011