iOS 3G Support: What's the best way to limit hardware support?

Recently some investigation shows that iOS 3G hardware is having issues running our App. This appears to be true when attempting to launch it from Springboard.

Some data indicates that 3G is a very tiny percentage of people out there right now, and anyone playing games have probably upgraded to 3GS or 4 by now.

If the decision is made not to support 3G hardware, how is it best communicated to consumers or how to make them aware of this fact? Do we simply state what iOS version we support, and make it above 3G supportable? Or is there some submission field that specifies what hardware we support? Is this limited in Xcode (so I am told), but how do we do it with Corona SDK?

What has been other people's experiences in this regard?

Thanks.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't read your post carefully, did I? I guess you needed to find out how to communicate to your users (or general public) about your app's minimum requirement. Sorry, but I don't have fool-proof good suggestion for it, but let's hope that more experienced game/app publishers would post good advice.

-----------------
Hey Jerome, I saw a forum post yesterday that would've answered your question. I think it was Jonathan Beebe who posted the answer. I didn't book mark the forum post, but I added comments to my build.settings:

plist=
{
        -- set minimum OS version if desirable
        -- iPhone = 3.1.3, iPhone3G = 4.2.1, iPhone3GS = 4.3.5, iPhone4 = 4.3.5 (or 4.2.10), iPhone4S = 5.0
        MinimumOSVersion="4.3.5",
}

Naomi, that is good info from plist - thank you. You say Beebe mentioned it; but do you recall where?

Thanks!

Jerome, I honestly don't remember which post it was. I quickly looked at the list of recent posts at "View Recent Posts" pages, but I couldn't find it.

Glad to hear you find the info useful, anyhow. After I posted my comment above, I added another comment to my build.settings, inserting the Wiki page URL (the link I posted above). This way, I won't even need to look through my browser bookmarks to find where I get the info again. Cheers.

Ah, yes, you got it!

views:1490 update:2011/10/18 15:01:22
corona forums © 2003-2011