Facebook Like: How to make sure it really occurred?

Hi guys,

I'd like to make sure users are not cheating :) by getting some kind of feedback whether they really Liked the game on Facebook (in return for some some game points) or not. Where would I start? Any suggestions?

sure you would be able to check if a html request was successful

Thanks for the idea!

I checked and the Like button has the following URL:
http://m.facebook.com/a/profile.php?fan&id=287677491246542&gfid=AQBzze4qJKJy5mmS&refid=0

But will this link stay the same or parameters in it change depending on other factors?

EDIT: looks like the second parameter stays contant and the second changes depending on the user

I got
"Facebook
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Back to home"

when clicking that link, it is probably user specific.

Hmm.. were you logged in while trying?

I tested this and I don't get any event via urlRequest listener when the Like button is pressed. Any other ideas?

If I'm not mistaken the secure way is to do a second URL-request that checks if the variable user/isLikes or something like that is set to true.

I'm probably using the wrong names but I did read something about that somewhere here on the forum.

views:1456 update:2011/10/19 14:58:09
corona forums © 2003-2011