Error when trying to install app in new builds

I get the error Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

The only thing I am doing to test the network communications is

network.request( postURL, "POST", networkListener, params)

cheers,

?:)

I'm also having problems building for android this afternoon. The corona simulator build for android dialog just seems to hang. I have to Force Quit to make it go away.

Building for iOS works just fine.

Dave

Jayant, Dave,

I've just tried building some of our sample apps for Android off of build 641 and it worked for me. I did not get any installation errors. Can you give me any more details? Jayant, does the installation fail when you build one of our sample apps?

Thanks.

Hey, I tried some of your suggestions (I built a sample app with no problems), and I found out my problem was something different, but weird nonetheless. I recently added a 10mb .wav file to my project in place of my 480kb .mp3 file for my background music. It sucks, but that's the only way I could get the music to work consistently on my iPod Touch 2G.

Anyway, when I switched back to the mp3 (removing the wav from the folder), I could build for Android; when I add the wav and try to build, I immediately hear an error beep and the dialog is frozen on "Connecting to Server" -- I never see what the error actually is.

When I build for iOS, I have no problems.

I'm running build 641 on a mac.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

We don't actually transfer any of your asset files (images files, audio files, video files) to the server when doing a build. So I don't think the size of the file is the cause of this issue. I do know that Android will have a problem with 2 asset files that only differ by extension. For example, Android will have a problem if you have the following files in your project directory...
- MyMusic.wav
- MyMusic.mp3

In this case, the build window is supposed to list warnings indicating which files violate the Android build process. On Windows, you'll see these warning in the console window. On OS X, you should see the warnings in an alert window.

So, are you getting any kind of warnings at all?

That would make a lot of sense, actually. I didn't know that... Both files did have the same name and only differed by extension (mp3 vs wav). I'm not getting any warning messages either.

Now that you mention it, the noise I hear sounds just like an alert. It must be popping up off screen. I'll check for that tomorrow...

By the way, the ansca mobile staff has been great with the support through the forums and blog posts. Thanks! With a few rare exceptions, I've been able to fall into the "pit of success" which is awesome.

@Joshua,

this was happening with an earlier build #319 as to really work with Android and support the customer, the new builds are not very useful. Most of the devices in use are ARMv6.

I had to nearly tear my hair out but finally got a resolution, this is funny as when I tried to compile the same code with several builds #319, #639 and #612, each one of them displayed different errors.

#319 build an apk which refused to install
#639 complained of some pointer not being found or something but crashed as soon as I hit build and disappeared
#612 provided me with the solution, it said that there was an error in the build.settings, which I fixed.

I thought that the new version would have more stringent error checking and be more verbose.

I am happy that I could finally get that to work and then it was a struggle trying to debug on the android emulator, as it was a long cycle of update code, build, upload, run, debug, and back to update code...

cheers,

?:)

Hello Jayant,

We've made a lot of changes in the newest daily builds to the point where our testers can't keep up. So not everything has been fully tested... which we'll focus more on near the end of the project phase. If the build process crashed on you, then did you report the error to us? Our Mac/iOS team might not be aware of this issue. If you could give us the crash report then we can look into it. The best way to report bugs to us via the "Report a Bug" link at the top of this web page.

Thanks!

views:1303 update:2011/10/22 17:28:16
corona forums © 2003-2011