Paid App link in a Free App

Good day all,

i am finishing my game and i have this question in my mind.
I am going to publish appFREE and appPAID (same app but slight different on the button)

the appFREE will have a "Buy Full Version" button, and also the itune link.

but if i submit this two app to apple for approval, how can i code the appPAID itune link into appFREE buy button?

Coz i will not know the appPAID itune link, rite? correct me if i am wrong

Thanks

y'know I've never thought about this, now I'm wondering this too.

When you register your app at itunes connect you'll get the app number.. so with that you could do the itunes link at least.

I don't know about the direct buy button though!

You could link to the page that shows all of the apps you have in the store. Then, when they both get a approved, release an update to the free version with a direct link to the paid version.

Maybe I'm thinking this out too straightforward, but wouldn't it make sense to publish the "paid" version first, get the link ID/URL for that, then immediately after submit the "free" version using that link? In this case, you get some purchases first (ideally) then within a few days after, you have a free version to promote the sale of the paid version...

That's not a bad plan, but be realistic about Apple's approval process. It's not "within a few days after," it's "within a couple weeks, assuming the new version is approved the first try."

views:1936 update:2011/9/19 13:40:57
corona forums © 2003-2011