give away in-app items for 5 star rating

just wondering if it violates iTunes terms and conditions.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-king-kong/id472653671?mt=8

The description says 'You will receive 10000 coins if you give us a 5 star.'

Their 5 star rating number boosts like crazy!
Its been 3 days+ and not taken down by app store yet, so I guess its legal to do so? Definitely a good way to promote app, will try it if the game stays in app store more than a week!

Oh my god, is this legal ?. If it's, i will post the same description XD

Personally I would never do it. Whether Apple will react or not isn't the issue.
It's just a way of exploiting the system and distorts the truth about your app.

I prefer to have honest reviews and know if a user gives 5 stars it's not just because they've been bribed.

Also, I fail to understand the logistics of it. To me it's just a scam since there's no way to connect a review on the App Store with an actual download.
If they promise to give the reviewer points, and it's not possible to determine who wrote the review, then those 5-star reviews will quickly turn into 1-star once the reviewer realizes that they will never get their points...

Just my opinion.

This started with games like TinyChef, where they offered coints/cash (virtual) for downloading/purchaisng some games that they were promoting and one of the other things was to provide a rating.

Apple does not allow for a sandboxed app to check for the presence of another app, still they would track if you had downloaded another app or not.

cheers,

?:)

views:1482 update:2011/11/8 8:33:25
corona forums © 2003-2011