Getting rid of the stutter between launch image and app start

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of the quite perceptible stutter between the launch image and the time the actual app loads. (I'm using director class, if that has anything to do with it.) I've tried having the app actually launch into a scene that contains the exact same image as the launch image, but there is still that noticeable "flicker".

Any way to fix this?

Thanks!
Logan

I have not experienced this myself; is your first scene very intensive? What kind of device are you testing on?

Peach :)

Well, the scene is now very much not-intensive :p I thought that maybe it was the jump from static image to a scene with a lot of concurrent transitions that was causing the stutter, so I changed the first scene to simply be an image that is displayed for a few seconds. (The same image as the launch image.) The stutter is really just kind of a momentary flash where the image disappears for a split second.

I'm testing on an iPhone 4. (This also happens in the simulator, though.)

Logan

Perhaps worth testing without Director to see results? What build are you using?

Aha! It's totally Director Class. Sadness.
(I'm using build 671, btw. But it's definitely Director Class.)

Perhaps what you could do is use a delay before actually using director.

As in, set a splash screen in main.lua and after 2 seconds do all the director stuff and switch to menu.lua. (Or whatever.)

Maybe give that a try?

Peach :)

I'll try that out, thanks!

(I know this isn't the Director Class part of the forum...but, will it mess up how director works if I just throw a timer into the standard main.lua setup that director class requires? I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing it without breaking things...)

Logan

views:1539 update:2011/11/17 9:28:17
corona forums © 2003-2011