Corona Builds

Can I just check that certain functionality is only available in the subscription version and I will have to pay to use it and won't be available in the free version.

An example:

I am using the free version in an attempt to tie in my development to the Corona platform. I have been trying to remove a physics body but the version I have is 2011.591 (the free one) but reading the documentation at http://developer.anscamobile.com/node/13673 it states:

physics.removeBody() : This API was added starting with Daily Build 2011.598. It's not available in the 2011.591 Release build.

Is this really the case that I have no means of a workaround to achieve my proof of concept without paying out for the subscription version?

Thanks for your advice in advance

James

A work around is to remove the object with the physics body, then spawn a body-less instance of the same object in the same exact spot.

@crssmn - many thanks for the quick response could you provide an example. If removing via display.remove does this also remove the physics body?

Do you also happen to know if my post on the build free vs subscription is correct?

It does remove the physics body, the you may also want to set your object to nil to remove any other references to it.

I was unaware of the physics remove body api, but just ran a test and it works for me. I have the latest daily build so that may be the case of free vs subscription.

Unless I'm having a brain freeze not sure this will work for me. My bodies make up a chain similar to that of the bridge sample. Wouldn't your suggestion mean it would collapse and be noticeably rebuilt?

Potentially, but I assume it would collapse if you used physics remove body as well.

views:1481 update:2011/11/28 11:38:31
corona forums © 2003-2011