Firefox + addnewapp= No subcategories

Firefox + addnewapp= No subcategories
ITunes + release date+ no subcategories = no exposure for a newly released app
Developer + ask apple for help = no help

I set up my first “add new app” with Firefox and was unable to select subcategories (Clean Firefox, no scripts blocked), I continued with the setting up the app assuming I would be able to select them later. I was unable to select them later and and figured “Oh well this must be the way iTunes works”.

After no sales in the first day I started to wonder if something was wrong. After some research, and searching around iTunes I came to the conclusion my app was impossible to find.

I went through the “add new app” again this time with safari and was able to select subcategories. So I set up an update for my app this time with subcategories, requested an expedited review but was denied “we unfortunately cannot accommodate your request at this time as it does not meet the criteria for expediting a review”

I feel that my app got zero exposure because it wasn’t released into the categories for a newly released app and by the time the update comes through it won’t be listed in the new apps.

I feel that this is a critical bug on itunes connect website and it should meet the criteria for an expedited review. I do understand that this is partially usererror, and I will not make the same mistake in the future but when you’re new to the process there is a lot to learn. And wow lesson learnt.

what an epic launch flop.

1. Please don’t make the same mistake I did set up your app with safari.
2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
3. Should I delete my app and start again, trying to get a new release date for it?

Firefox was a clean install and nothing was preventing it from using web scripts
See link for pictures of Firefox in action

https://devforums.apple.com/thread/134130

views:1524 update:2011/12/2 15:07:10
corona forums © 2003-2011