Amazon App Store Stupidity!

I compiled a new version of my App and released it as a Kindle Fire Version and submitted as a separate App putting after the title, like other apps, (Kindle Fire Edition).

They just approved it as an Android app and removed the (Kindle Fire Edition), now I have 2 apps with the same name on the amazon app store and neither approved for the Kindle Fire.

In the approval email it says:
Please note that we will review your app separately for Kindle Fire.

I stress a level of stupidity because:

1. This was a Kindle Fire only version
2. Now I have to wait another god knows how many days/weeks etc...
3. If and when it does get approved, I've lost my initial visibility as a new app
4. It's confusing for my customers for me to have 2 apps with the same name in the Amazon App store.

I've had more success on the Amazon App Store than other android stores but may have to reconsider if they are going to do everything in a 2 part process, why can't they test it for Kindle Fire when they test it on other devices?

Am I the only one with this problem? (I surely hope not)

@cublah
Same story. We had two apps named "App Name" (Kindle Fire Edition), after Amazon's review (and they removed KFE) we have two pairs apps with same name. We wrote email to Amazon support, but din't receive answer yet.

Ok I just got this reply! As it seems they don't want 2 versions of the App on the App Store.

Thank you for your email. As a general rule, we ask that you modify your existing app binary to be compatible with Kindle Fire rather than create a distinct version of your app for Kindle Fire. Our goals are to maintain a unified discovery experience for your app within the Amazon Appstore and to ensure that customers who purchase your app on Kindle Fire will be able to enjoy it on other Android devices registered to their Amazon.com accounts. If you believe it isn't possible to enhance your existing app binary to be compatible with Kindle Fire, please respond with additional information about the challenge of making your app compatible, and we will contact you with further guidance.

I see that you already had a version of Christmas Fire Live on the Amazon Appstore, and now there's a second version (which was intended for Kindle Fire only) Live as well. Please let me know if you'd like for one to be taken down and I will make sure that's taken care of. Given the situation, it may be best for us to take down the newer version and have it resubmitted as an update to the original version that's been Live on the Amazon Appstore since 11/30. That way, the version that is optimized for Kindle Fire will be available for all Amazon Appstore users.

My was rejected because lack of exit button...

My App wasn't rejected, they have this stupid 2 step approval, 10 days for all devices except Kindle Fire and then god knows how many days for the Kindle Fire approval (still waiting)

views:1309 update:2011/12/31 9:35:10
corona forums © 2003-2011