Android graphics problem (build 2011.703)

Folks,

I'm having a problem with graphics in build 2011.703. When I build for Android and install on a device, some of the graphics assets don't display correctly. Some of the images are not rendered and are replaced with black rectangles.

This doesn't seem to be a problem on iOS builds.

It's also not a problem on 2011.591 builds for Android.

The problem persists whether I compile on Mac or PC.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

There could be some problem with the naming of the image files and the respective code.

I always use small letters for my assets, and the same for the code.

Joakim

Thanks Joakim, but that's not it. I also always use lower case letters for assets - great minds, right :-).

- If it was an uppercase / lowercase problem the app would crash or throw. (this has happened to me before :-) )
- Furthermore, I use the same code / asset name in multiple places and it works intermittently. for example, it works fine once, then I return to that screen later in the app and it fails. Or it works with one widget and fails for its brother widget on the same screen.
- Also, it works fine with the .591 build, but not with the .703 build - so I think it's Corona build specific.

Let me know if you have any other ideas...

Cheers.

Hey there,

Android is not my area but I have encountered a similar issue on iOS when my graphics files haven't been right.

Images have to be RGB color space, 8 Bit, NOT indexed.

Maybe worth a look?

Peach :)

Hi Peach,

Thanks for the input, but that's not the problem. All my images are the same. All 8-bit RGB.

As I said, it works on a previous build of Corona, just not on the latest (.703) build. Also, the problem occurs with some Corona generated text too, not just with images. And it's fine when I build for iOS (exactly the same code).

It's like the rendering engine just gets confused and throws up solid rectangles instead of text / images - and there's no rhyme or reason as to which text / graphics resources are effected.

It seems to happen on larger apps - so I'm thinking it might be a memory management thing. But that doesn't explain why it works with the previous Corona build...

Does anyone else have any ideas? Has anyone else seen something like this?

Thanks.

Hey again,

Would you be able to file a bug report, please?
http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/bug-submission

If you could post the bug # here afterwards I can bring it up in our next meeting as well to try and get some info or a fix.

Thanks Peach. Dare I say it... you're a peach!

I've submitted a report. I'll let you know when I get a bug #.

I've been having a few troubles with .703/4. For example, I had a situation where the alpha of a graphics object suddenly started being applied to everything in its display group. I've also seen the display rendering on the sim go "nuts", meaning that the image would shrink to half its size every time there was a "touch" event. Until there was nothing left of the image.

Thanks again.

Alan

Haha, thanks.

I haven't had any troubles with 703/704 yet, however it could still happen - I've not been as active during the holidays.

Please do let me know when you have a bug (or case) # handy.

views:1579 update:2012/1/4 9:12:54
corona forums © 2003-2011