Test build for device

Hi all,
I'm at a stage now where my app needs to be tested on my device (iPad).
I've been trying to follow Peach's stickied threads in this forum, but I'm just not having any luck at all.
When I try to build the app, I click on the drop down for the Code Signing whatsit and it says not available in trial. Now I've not yet subscribed, but I was under the impression that I could do test builds without needing to subscribe.
Am I missing something obvious here as I'm starting to pull my hair out (and there's not a lot left as it is!)

You must pay Apple $99 for developer certificates.
And you must use the developer, not distribution profile with Corona for trial.

I am having a similar problem. When I go to build, I use the default build settings and it says it has built, but when I install it on my phone, the app never opens and says it keeps chrahing. Why does this happen

(I am using the free trial of Corona on windows7)

@ewing, I've already paid up to Apple, and got the certificates, I just can't get it to build.

@willjhoward - Crashing on start up is often the result of a problem in the code. (A signing error normally shows a warning.) You may want to post in the Android section to get some Android specific advice.
(You may also consider downloading ldb logcat for more info on the crashes.)

@Appletreeman - Is that a popup? Can you access the dropdown list after closing it? (Sorry, I haven't used a non subscriber account in awhile ;))

Peach :)

@peach pellen

thanks peach. Is logcat for my phone or pc and where can I download it?

Several useful results here.

Questions about it should go in the Android forum - I am by no means an Android expert and I don't use a PC currently so can't advise you on the finer points. (But someone in that forum will be able to.)

Peach :)

@Peach. It's all sorted now. I just switched everything off and went out for a bit and when I came back it worked OK. Flippin' computers!

One more thing I will ask about though is build settings and config.lua files. I've read the various docs but I just can't 'get it'. What is supposed to go in each? Problem is I know bugger all about plist files and how they should be formatted. My app is iPad only and plays in landscape mode.

Cheers

views:1644 update:2012/1/13 9:04:04
corona forums © 2003-2011