Support for Playtomic analytics in Corona SDK

Hey guys, I ported the HTML5 client for Playtomic to Lua, and worked with Playtomic to get it to be officially supported by them. If you haven't heard of it, Playtomic is an analytics service that has a bunch of cool features.

For those who need it, I wrote a short intro to analytics, and why they are important in this blog post.
Everyone else can jump straight to this interactive Playtomic test suite for Corona SDK on github.

If you have any questions about Playtomic, I think the playtomic guys will answer them on this thread. (A cool bonus of having the client officially supported!)

I hope this helps some other devs out, it's been very useful for us :)

-Angelo

hi guys, feel free to give Angelo's plugin a spin. I'll try my best to provide tech support

Playtomic looks very cool. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, Angelo. I'll try to wire this up in my own game.

@Angelo - I'm curious what is missing and/or broken with Corona's implementation of Flurry that made you want to get this working?

This looks very cool - thanks so much for sharing!

Peach :)

@XenonBL Originally I was using Flurry, but the stats didn't update very fast, and they didn't seem right. So I started keeping track of things with my own solution and I saw that the stats were very different from what I saw in flurry's console. I was only collecting session information though, and I was looking into letting players create their own levels, so I wanted to see if there was already a solution out there that I could use. A friend of mine who makes flash games recommended playtomic, which was perfect because in addition to handling events they also support user generated levels with nice features like rating and fetching top lists. So now all I have to do is finish writing the in game level building interface :)

-Angelo

views:1790 update:2012/1/13 9:04:04
corona forums © 2003-2011