Android market app size limitation <50mb

I finished my tutorial app and when I try to upload to Android market it is rejected :{

The size of my app is more than 50mb includes all graphics and sounds.

I do quick search over internet but really I am confused .. how can I fix this issue with CoronaSDK?

All result of my search is for Java & Android SDK

Any one face the same problem or know how to fix this problem?

hello @admin6 i have the same problem but what i am really now want to know is how to make less scaled image to support all android resolution ???

how you configured your config scale values ??

and how many number of copies of your app images you attach ??

assume i have toolbar.png image what is the number of toolbar@x i should have in my app resources ??

thanks in advance

Yeah android market has a 50mb app limit. Also note any apps over 20mb can't be downloaded over Carrier Data and need Wi-fi.

There are only 2 solutions to this, and both have their down sides:

1) Download resources on launch:
You could store extra resources on a server and download them on first launch. This is what the Corona Indie Bundle does. The downside is you need a server, and it still uses device storage. Most phones only have about 250mb total storage on the phone.

Currently Corona doesn't offer any way to store to SD card :(

2) Use less resources:
You can use only large images. Advantage is that the app will still look good on large screen devices. Disadvantage is that on smaller devices performance will suffer.
Conversely if you use only small images, it'll look bad on large screen devices.

views:1857 update:2012/1/15 11:04:51
corona forums © 2003-2011