icon dimensions don't meet the size requirements

Trying to build for distribution and I keep getting this message:
warning: iPhone/iPod Touch: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 57x57 pixels, in .png format (-19014)
warning: iPad: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 72x72 pixels, in .png format (-19014)
The icons are set to the correct sizes.

We were having the other error about the armv6 architecture. It was suggested to update XCode to 4.2. In order to do so we had to update the Mac to Lion. Before updating to Lion we were not having the icon issue. Now the architecture issue is gone but we are getting the icon issue.

Just to test things out I tried building a previously successfully submitted app and I'm also getting the same error messages. I've tried both the latest daily build and the last stable build and neither is working.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have not encountered this and am running 4.2 on Lion myself.

What version of Corona are you currently using?

Hi there.
Since yesterday all attempts to generate a distribution file sends the same message, even with projects that are already in the Apple Store and received no changes.

warning: iPhone/iPod Touch: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 57x57 pixels, in .png format (-19014)
warning: iPad: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 72x72 pixels, in .png format (-19014)

The build.settings is this

settings =
{
orientation =
{
default = "portrait",
supported =
{
"portrait", "portraitUpsideDown",
},
},

iphone =
{
plist =
{
UIStatusBarHidden = true,
UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true,

CFBundleIconFile = "Icon.png",
CFBundleIconFiles =
{
"Icon.png" ,
"Icon@2x.png" ,
"Icon-72.png" ,
"Icon-Small-50.png" ,
"Icon-Small.png" ,
"Icon-Small@2x.png"
},

},
},

}

I'm using corona 2011.704

It was originally happening on build 730 I believe. Tried 734 and still had the issue so I tried rolling back to 704 at it still is giving that issue.

My build.settings are:
settings =
{
iphone =
{
plist =
{
CFBundleIconFile = "Icon.png",
CFBundleIconFiles = {
"Icon.png" ,
"Icon@2x.png" ,
"Icon-72.png" ,
},
MinimumOSVersion = "4.3",
UIPrerenderedIcon = true,
},
},

orientation =
{
default = "portrait",

supported =
{
"portrait",
},

},
}

I've tried taking out some things and nothing worked.

I installed yesterday the last security "update 2012-001" from apple.
Now I can do nothing.
I generated a all set of new provision and distribution profiles and the result, for example, for your facebook app in the SDK is the one below:

warning: Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate. (-19011)
failed to extract requirements data: 1
/apps/lixo/Facebook.app: code or signature modified
failed to extract entitlements: 1
- (null)

warning: Unable to extract codesigning entitlements from your application. Please make sure Facebook is a valid Mach executable that's properly codesigned. (-19050)
/apps/lixo/Facebook.app/Facebook: code or signature modified
- (null)

Did you test with the new apple security upgrade?

It looks like Xcode is complaining about Icon.png. Make sure you actually have the files in your directory, that they are indeed the correct dimensions (or not corrupted) and you got the case sensitivity right.

Also, the directory path: /apps/lixo/Facebook.app looks non-standard/suspicious to me. Where is this on your Mac? Is this the full directory path or just a piece of it? Mac doesn't have a /apps/lixo absolute directory by default. If you don't create it correctly, you may not have write permissions to the directory. A security update might 'repair' permissions which might also explain why it suddenly stopped working for you. Try picking a more typical directory you know you have write access to (like your Desktop).

It looks like the 10.7.3 update of Lion broke Xcode.

I've found the solution on http://blog.manbolo.com/2012/02/02/macosx-10.7.3-update-breaks-ios-app-validation
Just install the last version of Application Loader from Apple and it does fix this issue.
Regards

Thanks for that link. Going to try it tonight and see if it fixes the issue.

That fix appears to be working. No longer throws that error and Application Loader has accepted the binary and its currently uploading. Thanks a bunch jicea.

Hi....
Indeed, that is the solution for the problem.
Tks jicea.

It looks like the Apple security update causes the Icon warning message on both 10.6 and 10.7 OSes. This affects Xcode builds as well as Corona builds.

The fix is to go to iTunes Connect and download the latest Application Loader (2.5.1) and install it on your system along with closing Xcode. The next time you build your app with Corona should not have the bogus warning window.

views:1908 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011